Odana School Dog Park Now Open!
(Update May 21, 2018)
After considerable work, Odana School Dog Park is now open again! Thank you for your understanding, patience and support of Madison Parks.
8 off-leash dog exercise areas
Madison Parks offers 8 off-leash dog parks for dogs with a permit and license.
WALNUT GROVE DOG PARK NOTICE:
- REQUIRED: A Dog Park Permit (daily or annual) is required for any dog visiting an off-leash dog park or any of the 26 on-leash parks.
- An annual permit may be purchased ONLINE or by calling (608)266-4711. It is valid for one year and available after December 1 for the following year.
- A daily permit may be purchased from the kiosk at any of the 8 off-leash dog parks.
- REQUIRED: A dog license is required for ALL visiting dogs. City of Madison residents may purchase through the City Treasurer's Office.
- Dogs visiting from other areas are always welcome with proper license and/or vaccinations from your town/municipality. Be prepared to show proof if asked by a Park Ranger.
- A dog license is ONLY available after a rabies vaccination is administered by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 4 months of age. Dogs under 5 months of age or without proper vaccinations, are therefore not licensed and are PROHIBITED in all off-leash dog parks or permitted on-leash parks.
- REQUIRED: Dogs must remain on leash to/from your vehicle to the inside of the dog park area.
- PROHIBITED: Dogs are not allowed in any non-designated park, which includes children's play areas, beaches, athletic fields, conservation parks, Forest Hill Cemetery or in any park building. During the winter dogs are not permitted on groomed cross-country ski trails.
Tallgrass Restoration LLC installed native plant plugs and seed in 2017 as part of a restoration effort at the northern section of the dog park. Dog park users are asked to keep their pets away from this area. More information may be found HERE
. Questions regarding the plans for the park can be directed to: Kate Kane
, Project Manager (608) 261-9671.
DOG PARK CLEANUP DAY:
Join other dog-lovers and friends at this annual event, typically held the last Saturday in March.
PERMIT FREE DAY
: Madison Parks in partnership with Dane County Parks annually offer one "free day" per year when no permit is required. This is typically in June and posted at least one month in advance.
On July 13, 2016 the Board of Park Commissioners
approved the Policy and Guidelines for Off-Leash Dog Park Service Area Standards within the Madison Park System
with Attachment A
. The Policy is intended to guide the Parks Division in planning new off-leash dog park (exercise) areas and to set standards for responding to requests for the creation of off-leash dog park (exercise) areas in the Madison Parks system.
View all Dog Off-Leash Parks
Quann Park - Dog Off-Leash Park
Location: 1802 Quann-Olin Pkwy.
Bag Dispenser: Yes