Golf AlertThis Saturday 9/5, check out Monona for the ultimate golf test in a "Greenskeepers Revenge Day" play the course at its absolute hardest, we bet you can't beat it!
Also, check out the Badger Gameday Special going on at each of the four City of Madison Courses and don't forget to try the delicious Bucky Burger after your round at Odana or Yahara!
2015 Men's and Women's City Public Links Tournament
August 29 & 30, 2015:
Tee times beginning at 7:30 am both days. Tee times for the Sunday round will be determined at the conclusion of the Saturday round based on player performance. Please call Odana (608) 266-4724 or Yahara (608) 838-3126 after 5:00 pm Saturday to receive your Sunday tee time.
Championship and A Flights will play the Blue Tees. B, C and D Flights will play the White Tees. All Women's Flights will play the Gold Tees.
Entry Fee: $40.00 cash only. Paid to Odana Hills, Yahara Hills, Monona or Glenway golf shop staff by Monday, August 24 at 5:00 pm. No late entries will be accepted. Entry fee covers purse, range balls, Breakfast Buffet before play on day 2 and The Champion's Cookout Dinner beginning at 5:00pm following play on day 2.
Greens Fees: $54.00 plus tax. Walking rate. $44.00 plus tax with City of Madison Loyalty Card. $40.00 plus tax with City of Madison Loyalty Plus Card. Greens fees cover both days. Paid the first day of the event.
Flighted Championship: Flights determined by number of entries. Championship, A, B and C Flights play gross. D and Women's flights will be determined by number of entries.
- Trophy awarded to the Public Links Champions only. (Men's and Women's)
- All awards will be given in the form of a City of Madison Gift Card.
- Range balls and meal will not be included in the entry fee. Cookout to follow Day 2 play.
- Participant withdrawals can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Within 48 hours of the tournament, no tournament entry refunds will be granted.
Optional: $10.00 SKINS GAME paid on day one of the event will cover skins for both days. Championship and A Flights will have its own gross skins game, B and C Flights will have its own gross skins game. D Flight will have its own net skins game. Women will have skins determined by number of entries.
Eligibility Requirements: Open to all public course amateur golfers both men and women. Must have a valid WSGA Handicap as of 8/15/15. High school competitors may only accept the championship trophy.
Dress Code: Proper golf attire, including a shirt, slacks, skirt or shorts and shoes.
Entry Deadline: Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5:00 pm
City of Madison Public Links Tournament Information
- If in the unlikely event of inclement weather, all players have completed 9 holes, but not all players have completed 18-holes, the daily event scores will be based on 9-holes. If any players fail to complete 9-holes due to weather, the day will be cancelled and the event will become an 18-hole competition.
- If inclement weather cancels play on one day, but not the other, rain checks will be issued for the course that was to be played.
- If inclement weather cancels play on both days, entry fees will be returned to players in the form of City of Madison Gift Cards.
- Any players competing for the overall Public Links Championship will play a sudden death playoff beginning on Hole #1 and following holes in succession until a Champion is determined.
- Only players in the Championship and A Flight may challenge for the overall Championship. Women will play for their own Championship.
- Any ties within A, B, C and D flights will be broken by a sudden death scorecard playoff starting at the #1 handicap hole and following in succession by handicap holes until a Flight Champion is determined.
- Each flight will pay out the top 20% of its field. All prize money will be awarded in the form of a City of Madison Gift Card that can be picked up at the conclusion of the tournament.
- Skin money will be awarded in the form of a City of Madison Gift Card that can be picked up at the conclusion of the tournament.
Drawing for Season Pass, Hole in One and Door Prizes
- Participants that withdraw from the tournament are not eligible. Must be present to win door prizes, do not need to be present to win 2016 Season Pass Membership.