2015 Reservations for Gates of Heaven & Madison Park Shelters
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 4:22pm
The 2015 Reservations for Gates of Heaven & Madison Park Shelters begin November 11, 2014
Madison Parks has 20 shelters nestled in Madison's unique and scenic parks. Each shelter has a restroom, electricity and water and is an ideal location for your graduation party, family reunion, company picnic or wedding. http://www.cityofmadison.com/parks/plan/reserve/
There is a high demand for Park shelters so don't wait to reserve your date!
Reservation Lottery System
A number lottery system will be used on Lottery Day to ensure fairness for the patrons wishing to reserve the more popular shelters and summer weekend dates. Numbered tickets will be distributed beginning at 7:30a.m., with the drawing to begin promptly at 8:00a.m. Phone-in reservations will not begin until the Lottery reservations are complete. We anticipate starting phone reservations by 11:00a.m. Because of the lottery system, there is no advantage to arrive at the Madison Parks office before 7:30a.m.
Only ONE ticket per reservation is allowed. This is for fairness to all of the other people trying to make a reservation for their special day. Failure to abide by those rules may result in losing your reservation.
Annual special events will be reserved in advance of the Park Shelter reservation date. Those 2015 event dates will be posted on the Madison Parks website by November 5.
Please note that on November 11, full payment for the shelter reservation and permits is due on that day. If your group is a non-profit, you must have your tax exempt number (ES#) with you that day.
Special Notes about Shelters
- Please note that the John Wall Family Pavilion in Tenney Park will not be available for reservations from July 6 to December 15, 2015 due to lagoon shoreline renovations.
- Olin Park Shelter will not be available June 26-28 due to potential scheduling conflicts with Rhythm and Booms.
- Lake Edge Park Shelter will not be available in 2015 due to demolition and reconstruction.
- Reminder – Elver Park and Reindahl Park shelters have a splash park located near the shelters. Please be aware of the splash park use when deciding to reserve these shelters.
Madison Parks Office | 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Suite 104 | Madison, WI 53703
Office (608) 266-4711 | Fax (608) 267-1162 | TDD (866) 704-2315
- Laura Whitmore608email@example.com