1 Scholarship money is available to families with youth 18 years and younger who qualify for free or reduced lunch per the Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) Guidelines. Applicant must present qualification letter from the Madison School District along with the scholarship application.
a. If applicant does not qualify for free or reduced lunches per the MMSD, applicant must include a letter stating: name, address, scholarship request, and why the scholarship is requested. Supporting documentation may be required upon review.
2. Scholarship recipients must be residents of: City of Madison, town of Madison, or actively enrolled in the Madison Metropolitan School District.
3. Madison Parks reserves the right to verify all information contained on the application form, in order to grant, deny, or revoke any scholarship monies.
4. Only the Madison Parks scholarship administrator will review the application form, in order to maintain strict confidentiality.
5. Applicants will be notified what they will receive with their scholarship.
6. Scholarships may be awarded based on the following maximums:
a. Lessons – up to two (2) sessions per child.
b. Daily swim passes – up to five (5) daily passes per family member.
c. Additional lessons or daily passes may be requested and will be considered only if scholarship funds are still available.
7. Funding for the Madison Parks – Goodman Pool Scholarship Assistance Fund for Admissions and Lessons is provided by the Irwin A. and Robert D. Goodman Foundation in conjunction with the Madison Parks Foundation. Additional Scholarship funding for the Goodman Waves Swim Team and the Boys and Girls Club Lesson Program is provided by the Shelley Glover Foundation and the Irwin A. and Robert D. Goodman Foundation.