There are two way that the Pothole Patrol repairs potholes in the winter:
A one person Pothole Patrol on wheels who repairs potholes year round.
The Roadpatcher will:
- Clean loose debris from a pothole.
- Apply emulsion to the pothole
- Fill the pothole with a mix of gravel and emulsion.
- Work in any season as long as temperatures are above 15 degrees.
Roadpatcher on Gammon Road
- From January through April the Pothole Patrol must use “Cold Mix” to fill potholes.
- Cold Mix is patching material made of small stone and a petroleum based emulsion.
- Cold Mix is a temporary patch designed to be used in cold weather, which may need to be replaced multiple times due to the freeze/thaw cycle and plowing.