The City of Madison is a safe and healthy place for all of us to live, learn, work and play.
- Madison Ranked the 9th Best City for People 35 and Younger December 2014
- Madison Ranked One of the Ten Best Cities for Military Retirement December 2014
by USAA Magazine
- Madison Ranked #1 for Successful Aging among big cities and small cities November, 2014
- Madison Ranked the #1 Most Livable City in America September, 2014
- Madison Ranked #5 in America's Best Cities for Young Professionals August, 2014
- Madison Ranked the 11th Best City for Families June, 2014
- Madison Ranked One of the 10 Best Cities for Food Carts May, 2014
by USA Today
- Madison Ranked the 2nd Best Midwest City for Green Commuting May, 2014
- Madison Ranked #5 in Best Places to Live November 2013
- National Planning Accolades for Williamson-Marquette Neighborhood October 2013
Each year during National Community Planning Month, APA's Great Places in America program names 30 exemplary neighborhoods, street and public spaces to highlight the role planning plays in adding value to communities.
- Madison wins Best-Tasting Water in Wisconsin September 2013
Madison’s tap water was chosen as the best-tasting in the state during the Wisconsin Water Association’s annual taste test at the State Fair.
- Madison Ranked #8 in Happiest, Healthiest Cities in America September 2013
by Prevention Magazine
- Madison Maintains Superior Bond Rating September 2013
Moody's Investor Service has continued Madison's Aaa bond rating with a stable outlook.
- Madison Ranked Among Top Healthiest Cities September 2013
Another national accolade for Madison, this one from Huffington Post for being one of the country's 25 healthiest cities.
- Bird City - Madison September 2013
Madison was recognized as a "Bird City" by the Bird City Wisconsin project.
- More Accolades & Rankings for the City of Madison, WI
Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau