Automatic Bill Pay

By signing up for Auto Bill Pay (also known as Automatic Clearing House or ACH), your water bill will be automatically deducted from the checking or savings account of your choice. Credit cards cannot be used for ACH payments.

How to sign up

  • Click here to open ACH form
  • Print out, complete, and sign the form.
  • Return by mail to: Madison Water Utility, 119 East Olin Ave., Madison, WI 53713
  • Return by fax to: (608) 266-4426

Will I still receive a bill?

Yes. Your bill will be mailed to you. If you have signed up to receive e-bills, your bill will be emailed to you. You will be able to review it and notify us if you have any questions. If for any reason there is a dispute, you may contact MWU prior to the automatic withdrawal date to resolve the dispute before payment is withdrawn.

How do I discontinue participation in the program?

A written request at least 30 days in advance of the next scheduled payment is necessary to terminate your automatic payment. Click here to open an ACH cancelation form.

What happens if I move? How do I end or transfer my ACH enrollment?

Your ACH enrollment will automatically end with your final bill on a move out. If you would like to continue your ACH enrollment at a new address, you must complete a new form for that account.

When will my Automatic Bill Payment begin?

Automatic withdrawal will begin with the next billing cycle. Please continue to pay your bill until "You are on our PRE-AUTHORIZED PAYMENT PLAN" appears on your statement.

What happens if there are insufficient funds in my account?

Any uncollectible amounts will be charged a $25.00 Non-sufficient Fund Charge.