To our e-billing and water use tracking customers
As you've no doubt noticed, our Customer Care page has been down for some time. The software we use for e-billing and displaying water usage data is..
Water Utility Board
Water Utility Board Meetings
The next Water Utility Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 28 at 4:30 p.m.
Visit the Legislative Center Calendar and choose Water Utility Board from the meeting body list to view archived agendas, minutes, and future meeting dates. The calendar also provides links to archived audio recordings of meetings when they are available.
The purpose of the board, on behalf of the residents of Madison, is to ensure that the Madison Water Utility:
- provides consumers with an adequate quantity of high quality water for consumption and fire protection at a reasonable financial and environmental cost; and
- manages groundwater resources and the water delivery system so future generations of city residents continue to have an excellent water supply.
The Water Utility Board is described by State statute and City ordinance. It is made up of seven voting members and the Director of Public Health (or his/her designee) as an ex-officio member. The board is charged with authority for managing and operating the Madison Water Utility, under the general direction of the City of Madison Common Council. The Mayor appoints and the Common Council confirms board members for terms of five years for citizen members (with staggered appointment dates) and two years for the alder members; the Director of Public Health's appointment is ongoing. A quorum of the Board consists of four members.
Contact the Water Utility Board
- Send an email to email@example.com (please use Contact the Water Utility Board as the subject).
- To write or call, please go to the City Official Roster for the Water Utility Board
The board issues an annual report to the Common Council and general public: 2013-2014 Madison Water Utility Annual Report.
Water Utility Board Policy Book
The board has developed and adopted a series of broad written policies. The Water Utility Board Policy Book includes four major policy categories:
- Outcomes Policies define the direction and expected results of the utility.
- Executive Limitations Policies establish financial and ethical boundaries for the utility's activities and decisions.
- Board–Executive Delegation Policies define the relationships and boundaries between the board, the General Manager, and utility staff.
- Board Process Policies define the roles and responsibilities of board members.