Tag: Mad City Tappers
August 13, 2013 4:19 PM
It's not easy. Tapping a copper line into a gushing water main takes skill, speed, strength – and a willingness to get soaked. But members of Wisconsin's first ever women's tapping team are ready for the challenge. "I thought, 'We have enough women in the utility, we could do this,'" … [read more]
Label: Our People
Tags: AWWA, Mad City Tappers, Madison Water Utility, tapping team, women's, WWA
October 14, 2013 9:05 AM
MWU creates first women's "tapping team" in Wisconsin Hard hat, soaked boots, trophy in-hand at the center of a cheering crowd -- it's not exactly how account computer specialist Lori er pictured herself when she started working in Madison Water Utility's finance department three … [read more]
Label: Our People
Tags: AWWA, Mad City Tappers, Mad Women on Tap, Madison Water Utility, tapping team, women's, WWA
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Inside MWU email list:
- Madison women make history -- with a...
- MWU honored for winning Best-Tasting...
- Sometimes, it's what you don't see
- Wisconsin's first ever Women's tappi...
Serving the Community
- Blindsided: When drivers don't see w...
- Flushing program puts Madison "on th...
- Frozen on the inside: Indoor floodin...
- Going in the hole: Madison Water Uti...
- Madison getting its first new water ...
- Rebuilding pride in Paterson
- The winter that won't be forgotten
AFSCME AWWA Best-Tasting Water Booster Pump Station 106 clean water Common Council conservation customer service flooded houses frozen pipes graywater greywater history John Muir Lake View Hill Mad City Tappers Mad Women on Tap Madison Water Utility Madison Water Utility Magnus Swenson main breaks new well North Madison O'Dea operations center Paterson private wells Project H2O projects recycled water Reservoir Park safety southeast sustainability tapping team Water Board water quality water supply well 31 wellhead protection West Madison winterization women's WWA