August 20, 2013 11:34 AM
"Toilet uses recycled water" The simple placards posted in every restroom stall at Madison Water Utility's Olin St. offices are among the few small hints you'll find of the Utility's big experiment in water conservation – the first large-scale graywater system ever installed in … [read more]
Tags: conservation, graywater, greywater, Madison Water Utility, recycled water
September 25, 2013 10:48 AM
The stories keep coming in – the landlord who found a broken showerhead spewing water in an unoccupied apartment; the man with a silently running toilet; the couple unaware that a burst hose was gushing in their yard. "They normally say, 'It's impossible. There's no way for that much water … [read more]
Label: Our People
Tags: conservation, customer service, Madison Water Utility, Project H2O
January 29, 2014 2:41 PM
Out of the dark ages In 2010, Madison Water Utility had a decision to make. The device it had been using for decades to record water use inside Madison homes was about to become obsolete. "They were going to quit manufacturing our Read-o-Matic system that was first introduced in … [read more]
Tags: conservation, customer service, Project H2O, sustainability
March 24, 2014 8:45 AM
"Ominous trend" More than two weeks after the last major snowfall in Madison, tiny white crystals still dot University Avenue -- remnants of 140 tons of road salt dumped on the two mile-long stretch between Segoe Rd. and Allen Blvd. over the winter. By summer, it will all be gone. But … [read more]
Tags: clean water, conservation, Madison Water Utility, sustainability, water supply, West Madison
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Water Utility News & Alerts email list:
- Madison women make history -- with a...
- MWU honored for winning Best-Tasting...
- Sometimes, it's what you don't see
- Wisconsin's first ever Women's tappi...
Serving the Community
- Blindsided: When drivers don't see w...
- East Johnson Street: No Ordinary Con...
- Flushing program puts Madison "on th...
- Frozen on the inside: Indoor floodin...
- Going in the hole: Madison Water Uti...
- Madison getting its first new water ...
- Major public works project on north ...
- New downtown community garden takes ...
- Rebuilding pride in Paterson
- The winter that won't be forgotten
- When there's a fire: MWU's critical ...
- Wisconsin Water for the World: Makin...
- Bad Medicine
- Could it happen here?
- Madison Water Utility builds new wat...
- Our graywater experiment: 8 years an...
- Paying for Progress
- The long road to smart meters
- Well hunters: Finding Madison's long...
- When winter's over: the lasting impa...
- Why all the main breaks?
AFSCME AWWA Best-Tasting Water Booster Pump Station 106 clean water Common Council Community conservation customer service fire protection flooded houses frozen pipes graywater greywater history John Muir Lake View Hill Mad City Tappers Mad Women on Tap Madison Water Utility Madison Water Utility Magnus Swenson main breaks new well North Madison O'Dea operations center Paterson private wells Project H2O projects recycled water Reservoir Park safety southeast sustainability tapping team Water Board water quality water supply well 31 wellhead protection West Madison winterization women's WWA