Tag: Magnus Swenson
August 29, 2013 12:28 PM
Fighting for safe water It's hard to imagine that in a city surrounded by lakes, access to safe water was a concern from the beginning. But as Madison's population boomed in the 1860s and 70s, diseases like typhoid and … [read more]
Tags: history, Madison Water Utility, Magnus Swenson
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Inside MWU email list:
- Madison women make history -- with a...
- MWU honored for winning Best-Tasting...
- Sometimes, it's what you don't see
- Wisconsin's first ever Women's tappi...
Serving the Community
- Blindsided: When drivers don't see w...
- Frozen on the inside: Indoor floodin...
- Going in the hole: Madison Water Uti...
- Madison getting its first new water ...
- Rebuilding pride in Paterson
- The winter that won't be forgotten
AFSCME AWWA Best-Tasting Water Booster Pump Station 106 clean water Common Council conservation customer service flooded houses frozen pipes graywater greywater history John Muir Lake View Hill Mad City Tappers Mad Women on Tap Madison Water Utility Madison Water Utility Magnus Swenson main breaks new well North Madison O'Dea operations center Paterson private wells Project H2O projects recycled water Reservoir Park safety southeast sustainability tapping team Water Board water quality water supply well 31 wellhead protection West Madison winterization women's WWA