Tag: Water Board
September 4, 2013 2:15 PM
Darn tasty water It's not every day that MWU employees stand before the Madison Common Council surrounded by cheers and applause. But it's also not every day that the city is honored by the Wisconsin Water Association (WWA) for having the best-tasting water in the state. In … [read more]
Label: Our People
Tags: AFSCME, AWWA, Best-Tasting Water, Common Council, Madison Water Utility, Water Board, WWA
February 25, 2014 11:26 AM
"A huge impact" Every single water customer pays it, but you won't see it on a bill. It's called PILOT, or "Payment in Lieu of Taxes," and the charge comprises about 16% of a customer's water payment each billing cycle. "We really need to start talking about this, because it's … [read more]
Tags: Common Council, main breaks, projects, Water Board, water quality, water supply
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Water Utility News & Alerts email list:
- Madison women make history -- with a...
- MWU honored for winning Best-Tasting...
- Sometimes, it's what you don't see
- Wisconsin's first ever Women's tappi...
Serving the Community
- Blindsided: When drivers don't see w...
- East Johnson Street: No Ordinary Con...
- Flushing program puts Madison "on th...
- Frozen on the inside: Indoor floodin...
- Going in the hole: Madison Water Uti...
- Madison getting its first new water ...
- Major public works project on north ...
- New downtown community garden takes ...
- Rebuilding pride in Paterson
- The winter that won't be forgotten
- When there's a fire: MWU's critical ...
- Wisconsin Water for the World: Makin...
- Bad Medicine
- Could it happen here?
- Madison Water Utility builds new wat...
- MWU builds new water mains -- inside...
- Our graywater experiment: 8 years an...
- Paying for Progress
- The long road to smart meters
- Well hunters: Finding Madison's long...
- When winter's over: the lasting impa...
- Why all the main breaks?
AFSCME AWWA Best-Tasting Water Booster Pump Station 106 clean water Common Council Community conservation customer service fire protection flooded houses frozen pipes graywater greywater history John Muir Lake View Hill Mad City Tappers Mad Women on Tap Madison Water Utility Madison Water Utility Magnus Swenson main breaks new well North Madison O'Dea operations center Paterson private wells Project H2O projects recycled water Reservoir Park safety southeast sustainability tapping team Water Board water quality water supply well 31 wellhead protection West Madison winterization women's WWA