Tag: West Madison
September 17, 2013 12:07 PM
Westward expansion It was the mid-1920s – when Regent Street led to the very edge of Madison, when farm fields stretched across places that would later become Hill Farms, Sunset Village, Westmorland, and Midvale Heights. A population boom was coming, and it would take a feat of … [read more]
Tags: Booster Pump Station 106, history, Madison Water Utility, O'Dea, Reservoir Park, West Madison
March 24, 2014 8:45 AM
"Ominous trend" More than two weeks after the last major snowfall in Madison, tiny white crystals still dot University Avenue -- remnants of 140 tons of road salt dumped on the two mile-long stretch between Segoe Rd. and Allen Blvd. over the winter. By summer, it will all be gone. But … [read more]
Tags: clean water, conservation, Madison Water Utility, sustainability, water supply, West Madison
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Water Utility News & Alerts email list:
- Madison women make history -- with a...
- MWU honored for winning Best-Tasting...
- Sometimes, it's what you don't see
- Wisconsin's first ever Women's tappi...
Serving the Community
- Blindsided: When drivers don't see w...
- East Johnson Street: No Ordinary Con...
- Flushing program puts Madison "on th...
- Frozen on the inside: Indoor floodin...
- Going in the hole: Madison Water Uti...
- Madison getting its first new water ...
- Major public works project on north ...
- New downtown community garden takes ...
- Rebuilding pride in Paterson
- The winter that won't be forgotten
- When there's a fire: MWU's critical ...
- Wisconsin Water for the World: Makin...
- Bad Medicine
- Could it happen here?
- Madison Water Utility builds new wat...
- Our graywater experiment: 8 years an...
- Paying for Progress
- The long road to smart meters
- Well hunters: Finding Madison's long...
- When winter's over: the lasting impa...
- Why all the main breaks?
AFSCME AWWA Best-Tasting Water Booster Pump Station 106 clean water Common Council Community conservation customer service fire protection flooded houses frozen pipes graywater greywater history John Muir Lake View Hill Mad City Tappers Mad Women on Tap Madison Water Utility Madison Water Utility Magnus Swenson main breaks new well North Madison O'Dea operations center Paterson private wells Project H2O projects recycled water Reservoir Park safety southeast sustainability tapping team Water Board water quality water supply well 31 wellhead protection West Madison winterization women's WWA