Tag: North Madison
November 11, 2013 2:50 PM
Saying goodbye to the old teapot It's one of the last hilltops in Dane County preserved from development – one of the few places surrounded by both nature and history. Lake View Hill isn't just a park. It's a conservancy and designated urban green space. Buildings on the land, once … [read more]
Tags: history, John Muir, Lake View Hill, Madison Water Utility, North Madison
June 2, 2014 11:10 AM
A new life for Well 7 For 75 years it has stood on North Sherman Avenue, shaded by a neighboring maple tree, quietly pumping millions of gallons of water to homes and businesses across Madison's north side. But the facility, known simply as Well 7, doesn't get a lot of second looks – … [read more]
Label: Serving the Community
Tags: clean water, fire protection, North Madison, projects, sustainability
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Inside MWU email list:
- Madison women make history -- with a...
- MWU honored for winning Best-Tasting...
- Sometimes, it's what you don't see
- Wisconsin's first ever Women's tappi...
Serving the Community
- Blindsided: When drivers don't see w...
- East Johnson Street: No Ordinary Con...
- Flushing program puts Madison "on th...
- Frozen on the inside: Indoor floodin...
- Going in the hole: Madison Water Uti...
- Madison getting its first new water ...
- Major public works project on north ...
- Rebuilding pride in Paterson
- The winter that won't be forgotten
- When there's a fire: MWU's critical ...
- Wisconsin Water for the World: Makin...
- Bad Medicine
- Could it happen here?
- Madison Water Utility builds new wat...
- Our graywater experiment: 8 years an...
- Paying for Progress
- The long road to smart meters
- Well hunters: Finding Madison's long...
- When winter's over: the lasting impa...
- Why all the main breaks?
AFSCME AWWA Best-Tasting Water Booster Pump Station 106 clean water Common Council conservation customer service fire protection flooded houses frozen pipes graywater greywater history John Muir Lake View Hill Mad City Tappers Mad Women on Tap Madison Water Utility Madison Water Utility Magnus Swenson main breaks new well North Madison O'Dea operations center Paterson private wells Project H2O projects recycled water Reservoir Park safety southeast sustainability tapping team Water Board water quality water supply well 31 wellhead protection West Madison winterization women's WWA