Friday, June 29, 2018 - 9:28am
Madison Water Utility’s Water Wagon will be set up at Southdale Park (Deer Valley Rd., Town of Madison) from noon to 1:30 today to help hydrate families that may be visiting the park’s playground or taking part in MMSD/REAP’s free Summer Food Program. We’ll be handing out cups and reusable bottles filled with cold water to anyone who stops by.
According to Public Health Madison Dane County, people should limit outdoor activity during today’s heat and take the following steps to stay hydrated:
· Drink more than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
· Drink two to four cups of water every hour while working or exercising outside.
· Avoid alcohol and liquids containing high amounts of sugar.
· Make sure your family and pets are drinking enough water.
We are prepared to hand out all of the bottles we currently have on hand – about two hundred.
- Media Inquiries: Amy Barrilleaux, Public Information Officer(608) firstname.lastname@example.org