RESIDENTIAL CONNNECTION REBATE PROGRAM
Residential Connection Rebate Application Form (pdf)
Effective February 13, 2013, Madison General Ordinances, Section 13.07 (2) (i), authorize the Madison Water Utility to issue a rebate of up to 50% of the cost, up to a maximum of $2000, for a private well owner not currently connected to municipal water to make the connection to the public water system.
A rebate will be granted if the following conditions are met:
- The connection is made before January 1, 2016.
- The property owner abandons the well within 30 days of the connection.
- The property owner had a valid well operation permit issued under MGO Section 13.21 prior to the well abandonment.
- The property owner provides receipts as proof that the connection was made and the well was properly abandoned.
- The Water Utility has not issued a citation or made a written referral to the City Attorney for non-compliance of the Service Connection or Private Well Abandonment requirements.
- The property was in the City of Madison as of January 1, 2013.
In determining the amount of the rebate, only the cost to excavate and lay water pipes from the water main to just inside the building’s exterior wall will be considered. Costs incurred to run the interior piping from the water meter location to other interior pipes will not be included. Costs for restoring the site to pre-existing conditions (re-filling trenches, street patchwork, etc.) will be considered; however, re-grading the site and/or extensive landscaping work shall be excluded.
Questions may be referred to the Water Quality section at (608) 266-4654.
Please mail the completed application, original dated receipts, and all required paperwork to:
Madison Water Utility
Residential Connection Rebate
119 E Olin Avenue
Madison, WI 53713
Please note: Private Well Abandonment Reimbursement requests require additional forms and must be submitted separately.