BRING YOUR BIKE ON YOUR COMMUTE
All Metro buses are equipped with bike racks.
Due to safety reasons, all bikes must be transported on these racks. Bikes are not allowed inside the bus.
- Print Instructions (PDF)
WAITING TO BOARD
- As the bus approaches have your bike ready to load
- Remove any items that could fall off
(bike pump, water bottle, etc).
- Always approach the bus from the curb side.
- Tell the bus driver that you are loading a bike.
LOADING YOUR BIKE
- Squeeze handle and pull down to release folded bike rack.
- Lift bike onto the rack, putting the front and rear wheels in the marked slots.
Load the rack nearest the bus first.
The front wheel of the bike closest to the bus should face curbside.
The front wheel of the second bicycle must face the bus driver's side.
- Raise the support arm, as far up on the wheel as you can.
Make sure it is resting on your front tire, not on the fender or frame.
UNLOADING YOUR BIKE
- Tell the driver you need to unload your bike.
- Move the support arm down and lift out your bike.
- Please fold up the rack if it is empty.
RULES OF THE RACK
- For safety reasons, the driver cannot get off the bus to assist you.
- Bike racks are first come, first served.
- Each bus can carry two bikes.
- The front wheel of the bike closest to the bus should face curbside. The front wheel of the second bicycle must face the bus driver's side.
- There is no additional fare for using the bike rack.
- Children 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult to load and unload bikes.
- Bikes are not allowed to be transported inside the bus.
For more information
You can also visit the Metro Administration Facility (1245 E. Washington Ave.) and learn how to use the bike racks before you travel.
Contact Metro's Customer Service Center to set up an appointment.
Email Metro Transit