Hosting an event in 2017? Madison Parks offers over 20 unique venue options!
Lottery Day is the first day, in-person that folks may make a shelter reservation for the following year: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2016
WHAT IS LOTTERY DAY?
- A numbered lottery system is used to ensure fairness for all patrons wishing to reserve our Madison park shelters.
- Numbered tickets are distributed in the lobby outside the doors of the Parks Administrative Office (210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Rm. 104) beginning at 7:30am.
- Arriving prior to 7:30am is not necessary or a benefit.
- Only ONE ticket is given to each party. Failure to abide by this rule may forfeit your eligibility in the Lottery Day process.
- Cash, checks or credit cards (Mastercard or Visa) are accepted for your full payment which is due at the time of processing your reservation, along with any needed permits.
- All tickets are issued by 7:59am. The random drawing begins promptly at 8:00am. If you arrive after the drawing begins, you will need to wait until the Lottery Day process is complete before you may place your reservation.
- The entrance to the City-County Building opens at 7:30am. There is no benefit to arriving prior to this.
- Long-standing annual Special Events will be reserved prior to Lottery Day. A listing of shelters already reserved for these events will be available by November 1.
- Cancelation Policy: Reservations made at Lottery Day will receive only a 50% refund up until 10 days prior to the reservation. Within 10 days, no refunds are provided.