Fair trade organic coffee, fine chocolates, and a chance to learn all about Madison's water -- not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning!
Join us for Madison Water Utility's 2014 Open House and Wisconsin Water for the World Fundraiser on Saturday, May 10 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 119 East Olin Ave.
Entry to the Open House is free, but there is a minimum $10 donation requirement to sample coffees and chocolates.
Stop by to learn where Madison's water comes from. Climb inside some of the heavy machinery we use to fix water mains. Sample water from wells across the city and help us choose which well's water the city will enter in the Best Tasting Water in Wisconsin competition at the State Fair. See how we test for water quality and monitor pressure throughout the city.
- No entry fee and a chance to win a door prize!
- Free cookies and yes, plenty of water
- Live tapping team demonstrations
- Educational activities for kids
- MSCR Fit2Go Van
- Water Wagon
- Plenty of free parking.
COFFEE & CHOCOLATE TASTING FUNDRAISER
For the first time ever, Madison Water Utility will be holding a fundraiser as part of our Open House. All proceeds benefit Wisconsin Water for the World, a group that brings together water professionals from across the state to design and build drinking water systems for remote Guatemalan villages.
- Ticket price - minimum $10 donation. Donate by cash or check at the event.
- Sip organic, fair-trade coffees from Just Coffee Cooperative grown in the Solola region of Guatemala -- the same region where Wisconsin volunteers built a drinking water system in March.
- Indulge in fine chocolates and treats, including beautiful chocolate creations from Gail Ambrosius.
- Entry fee includes "No Water, No Coffee" mug for the first 100 guests
- Learn more about Wisconsin Water for the World's latest project in Pujujilito, Solola.
- All proceeds benefit Wisconsin Water for the World