Metro Transit Public Hearing - Proposed August Service Changes
Date & Time:Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 6:00pm to 10:00pm
On Wednesday, April 24, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transportation Commission will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. to discuss potential service updates proposed to go into effect in August.
Proposed changes include the following:
- Route 6 - Schedule adjustments.
- Route 11 - Service shift from State St./Capitol Square
- Route 11 - Service shift from Science Dr.
- Route 23 - New service to Sun Prairie.
- Route 25 - Restructure of limited stop zone.
- Route 26 - Service shifted from Wall St.
- Route 26 - Schedule adjustments
- Route 29: - Shift from Packers Ave.
- Route 29 - Shift from Lower State St.
- Route 29: Restructure of limited stop zone on E. Washington Ave.
- Routes 31, 34, 39 - Elimination of Routes 34 and 39, and restructure of Route 31 to provide all day service to the Owl Creek Neighborhood, Dutch Mill Park & Ride and the new Pinney Branch Library.
- Route 84 - Route operates every 25 minutes resulting in one additional trip.
- Bus Stop Changes - East Washington/Dickinson
- Supplemental School Service - Two middle schools (Cherokee and Jefferson) transition to yellow bus service at the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
Event Cost: Free
Handicapped Accessible: Yes
Sponsoring Organization(s): Metro Transit
Contact: Metro Transit (608) 266-4466 firstname.lastname@example.org
American Sign Language (ASL) Provided?: No
Event Website: Metro Transit Public Hearing - August Service Changes