Register to Vote at Kujichagulia Madison’s Juneteenth Celebration
The City of Madison Clerk’s Office will kick off the 2022 Civic Season by participating in Kujichagulia Madison’s Juneteenth celebration at Penn Park.
Civic Season is a collaboration between Made By Us and Civics Unplugged, two organizations who work to present American history in a way that is relevant and provocative in order to encourage and inspire civic participation in younger generations of Americans. The Civic Season will create a new kind of tradition around civic identity that includes a more complete understanding of American history and empowers folks to engage with the events happening right now that will shape this country’s future.
The Clerk's office will be available at the Kuichagulia Juneteenth celebration with voting and election information. If you would like to register to vote or update your voter registration, bring one of the following acceptable proof of residence documents:
- Utility bill issued within the last 90 days.
- Bank, credit union, credit card, or mortgage statement.
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin identification card.
- A government-issued document (federal, state, county, municipal, tribal, UW, Madison College, or public school).
- Certified housing list provided to the City Clerk's Office by UW-Madison or Edgewood College (must show student ID; available at the polls and absentee voting sites)
- Check issued by a unit of government.
- Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the previous year.
- Residential lease effective on the day of registration (cannot be used if registering to vote by mail).
- Contract or intake document issued when admitted to a nursing home or care facility.
- College fee statement issued in the last nine months, accompanied by student ID card.
- Affidavit from a public or private social service agency, on letterhead, identifying an individual who is homeless and indicating where that individual resides. Social Services Agency sample letter for homeless voters registration requirement
Kujichagulia is looking for volunteers to help staff the event! Sign up here: https://volunteersignup.org/TJXBM
Follow the Clerk’s Office on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@MadisonWIClerk) for voting and election information, event calendar updates, and other ways to participate in local government.