Register to Vote at the Polls on Tuesday
Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 10:15am
Voter registration is not available the Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before an election. Voters are able to register at the polls on Election Day.
Voters may verify their registration at myvote.wi.gov. Anyone who moved after Oct. 6 – even to a new apartment in the same building – will need to update their voter registration. Voters who moved within 28 days of the election will not have been at their new address long enough to establish residency for voting purposes. Voters in this situation are eligible to vote at the polling location for their previous address.
Proof of address will be required when registering to vote, and it may be electronic. Any of the following documents can be used as proof of address as long the name and address on the document correspond to the name and address on the voter registration form:
- Utility bill issued in the last 90 days (water, gas, electric, phone, cable, or internet)
- Bank statement (bank, credit union, credit card, mortgage)
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license/ID
- Government document (federal, state, county, municipal, tribal, UW, Madison College, or public school)
- Residential lease effective on day of registration (cannot be used if registering to vote by mail)
- Certified housing list from UW-Madison or Edgewood College (available at absentee voting sites and at the polls)
- Affidavit from a social service agency providing services to the homeless
- Contract or intake document from a nursing home or residential care facility
To determine your polling location and to see the candidates that will be listed on your ballot, visit myvote.wi.gov.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl, (608) 266-4601, firstname.lastname@example.org