Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Highlights for the WeeK
Bike Registration and Winter Bikeway Maintenance Updates
City Land Banking Policy
The Housing Strategy Committee will be considering the City's proposed land banking policy at its meeting on Thursday.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Upcoming Events, activities, seminars, etc.
Ride the Drive 2021 – In Your Neighborhood: Have you heard the news? Ride the Drive is coming to a neighborhood near you! With a pause in 2020, the Parks Division is excited to bring four simultaneous events on Sunday, June 6, from 9 am to 1 pm. With four events, each with a roughly 2-mile route, we will need 500+ volunteers. It's a big undertaking, and we are committed to offering a unique event for Madison neighbors to enjoy. As in previous years, the focal point remains a park with surrounding street closures allowing participants to stroll, roll, pedal, or glide along the route without motor vehicles. Click the park name link to view the route map.
- Kennedy Park - East
- Marlborough Park - South (District 10)
- Warner Park - North
- Wingra Park – Near West
If you live on or near the route or in the neighborhood, we hope you'll register today to be a volunteer. Each volunteer receives the coveted RTD t-shirt and most positions are just 2 hours, which allows for you to still participate in Ride the Drive. Positions include bike ambassadors, setup and cleanup crews, info booth & t-shirt sales, and the greatest need, intersection guides. Individuals, families, local companies, and organizations are encouraged to volunteer. Visit RideTheDrive.com for more information.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- The Streets Division's new large item collection system goes live on Friday, May 28. Beginning on that date, you will be able to schedule your large item pickup for June and beyond by submitting a work order. If you have an item that requires a fee but you are taking it to a drop-off site, you will also use the new system to purchase the recycling fee sticker(s) you need. Additional details about how this new system will work can be found on the Streets Division website.
- Effective on June 2, Public Health Madison & Dane County will lift all public health orders, including mask requirements, and gathering and capacity limits. Read more here.
- Historic news: The City of Madison launches a multilingual complaint portal for discrimination cases. Read more here.
- Beginning June 1, the City of Madison will resume enforcement of all on-street parking restrictions, ending the temporary suspension of Residential Parking Permit restrictions and time limit restrictions in non-metered areas. Read more here.
Email to a friend