Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of July 19, 2021
Preview of Metro Transit Redesign of Coverage and Ridership - Make sure to register to address your concerns
The Transportation Commission and the Transportation Policy and Planning Board will be discussing a preview of proposed Metro Transit Redesign maps at their joint meeting on Monday.
Housing Snapshot Report
The Housing Strategy Committee will be discussing the Housing Snapshot Report at its meeting on Thursday
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- Movies in the Park have begun! Bring your chair or blanket July 20 for Aladdin at Allied Park, 2370 Revival Ridge. Find details about the event here. Visit Madison Parks for more movies in other Madison neighborhoods.
- It Takes a Village, July 20. This Community Resource Fair focuses on bringing the community together in a fun environment to learn about services available on the south side of Madison. Stop by Penn Park between 12-5pm on Tuesday, July 20, to meet new librarians from Goodman South Madison, enjoy a cookout, get free books from the Madison Reading Project and engage with other public servants. Madison Reading Project will be onsite from 2-5pm (free books while supplies last). Learn more here.
- Upcoming, public-facing COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinics, as organized by Public Health Madison & Dane County:
- Monday 7/19: Mercado Marimar, 11-1 pm
- Tuesday 7/20: Penn Park, 12-5 pm
- Tuesday 7/20: Luke House, 11-1 pm
- Wednesday 7/21: WisCares Vet Clinic, 12-3 pm
- Thurs 7/22: The Beacon, 9-11:30 am
- Thurs 7/22: Luke House, 5-7 pm
Vaccination appointments and walk-ins are also available at multiple public health clinic locations. Please see the Public Health website for details. You can find details and see a map of all upcoming public clinics on the Public Health website. Public Health Madison & Dane County's COVID-19 Data Snapshot is released every Thursday. You can read their weekly blog post for a summary of the week's data. For a weekly summary of talking points around COVID-19 in Dane County, please check out Public Health's hot topics document in their Google Drive.
- The second event in Madison Public Library's "Live Well@Your Library" in-person wellness series will be a multicultural, multigenerational and multisensory experience outdoors at Meadowood Park (located near Meadowridge Library) on July 25. Children's activities will also be included so busy parents or caregivers can enjoy the event. Drop in or stay for the whole event! Learn more here.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- The City has launched a new webpage for the American Rescue Plan Act (www.cityofmadison.com/arpa) to provide information about the planned allocation of federal funds to support an equitable recovery and continue to provide government services. The City will host two information sessions to share information about the annual budget process and address funding allocations outlined in the plan. The information sessions will take place on July 22nd (4:30-6:30pm) and July 27th (4:00-5:00pm). The sessions will be recorded and posted to the webpage.
- Madison recognized as one of the best American cities at using data and evidence to improve residents' lives. Read more here.
- The Street Division would like to remind residents that if you need large item collection, you must schedule the curbside pickup in advance by using the new large item work order system. You can access the work order system at www.cityofmadison.com/LargeItemWorkOrder. Read more here.
Email to a friend