Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Meeting and Events
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of October 25, 2021
2022 Operating Budget
The Finance Committee will be discussing amendments to the 2022 Executive Operating Budget at its meeting on Monday.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- Beginning Monday, October 25, the City of Madison will move to the last location this year of speed changes to support the Vision Zero initiative. This final reduction for 2021 will occur on two sections of Cottage Grove Road. Learn more here.
- City staff will be discussing the Downtown BRT line and station locations at a public information meeting on Thursday, October 28 at 6:00 p.m. You can also view recordings of past meetings:
Save the Date
- You are invited to a virtual town hall on Thursday, November 4, 2021, at 6pm where local medical and public health professionals will provide an update about COVID-19 vaccination and testing in Dane County. This FREE event will be streamed via Zoom and is open to community members at large. Registration is required. Participants will have the opportunity to submit their questions in advance or ask questions during the presentation.
- Starting at 2am on Tuesday, November 2, the southbound Interstate 39/90 ramp to westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) in Madison will be closed to all traffic until 5am on Wednesday, November 3. In addition, significant backups are expected along I-39/90 southbound as the Interstate will be reduced to two lanes for 4 miles between the I-94 and Beltline interchanges. Drivers are urged to plan ahead and allow additional travel time through the area.
During the 27-hour ramp closure, motorists must use alternate routes via US 51/Stoughton Road to access US 12/18 (Beltline) – options are listed below. Drivers should anticipate delays on Stoughton Road due to the traffic diversion.
- Exit 132 north of Madison to travel south on US 51.
- Exit 135 A to US 151 south (East Washington Avenue) to US 51/Stoughton Road.
- Exit 138 B for WIS 30 to US 51/Stoughton Road.
- The signed detour route will follow I-39/90 southbound to the County N interchange (Exit 147) to turn around and travel north to the I-39/90 northbound ramp to westbound US 12/18.
You can register for weekly email construction updates on the I-39/90 Project website follow the project on Facebook. All work activities, lane and ramp closures are weather-dependent and subject to change. The backup dates would be Wednesday, November 3 or Thursday, November 4.
Email to a friend