November 7, 2021 9:26 PM
The Common Council adopted a new alder district map at last Tuesday's meeting. The new map will take effect on January 1st, 2022.
The changes are as follows:
- Midvale Neighborhood Association's coverage area moves under Alder Martin District 11. We have been in communication and plan to coordinate a transition. Please continue to reach out to me with your questions and concerns.
- District 10 extends from Praire Road to cover the Meadowood Neighborhood area, to Arbor Hills Neighborhood. I am looking forward to connecting with you in the coming weeks
- This interactive map has streets details that help identify the new boundaries, Interactive Map
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of November 8, 2021
2022 Council Budget Deliberations
The Common Council will be taking public comment on the 2022 capital and operating budgets at its 5:30 PM meeting on Tuesday and deliberating the budget on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (if needed).
• Watch Online
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
• The Madison Senior Center invites all veterans, friends, family and public officials to attend a Veterans Day Tribute on Thursday, November 11, at 10am. Together with Renaissance Senior Living of Hilldale, we want to publicly express our thanks for your service to our country. Enjoy refreshments before the program starts at 10:30. Special guests include Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway, Representative Francesca Hong and Senator Kelda Roys. All are welcome to attend.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
• The City of Madison Traffic Engineering Division and Madison Public Libraries are kicking off their second Be Bright at Night Campaign this November 2021. The Be Bright at Night campaign aims to encourage safety and lower the barriers to having lights while walking and biking. Beginning November 3, if you walk or bike to the library to pick up books or other materials during the month of November, you will have the opportunity to pick up lights and reflective armbands, free of charge and while supplies last. Read more here
• On November 1, the City of Madison announced that it will extend the deadline for nominations for the annual Jeffrey Clay Erlanger Civility in Public Discourse Award until November 12. The Erlanger Award was created to "recognize individuals or organizations who share Jeff Erlanger's dedication to and compassion for public policy development, politeness, civility, individual and human rights, and who conduct their daily life consistent with these values." Nomination forms are available online
. Nominations must be returned to the Mayor's Office by mail (Room 403, City County Building, 210 Martin Luther King Blvd.) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by 5:00 p.m. on November 12.
• Between now and November 15, families who are not required to file taxes can sign-up for the federal Child Tax Credit by going to https://www.getctc.org/en
, English, or https://www.getctc.org/es
, Spanish. The Code for America created the online sign-up tool, in collaboration with the White House and Treasury. It is mobile friendly, and most families can complete it within about 15 minutes.
• Streets Division crews will collect pumpkins along with other yard waste when crews pick up leaves in your neighborhood. This includes other compostable decorations like corn stalks and hay. Remove any non-compostable items like wire, tea candles, or electric lights from these items and then please set them on top of your leaf pile or leaf bags. Read more here
Email to a friend
• The Madison Marathon races will take place Sunday, November 14, starting at 7:00 a.m. at the Capitol. Runners will go through the UW Arboretum, UW Campus, Warner Park, and back to the Capitol, with the last runners finishing around 1:30 p.m. Police officers will be located throughout the course, assisting traffic. Drivers are encouraged to plan aheadif traveling around the race route as crossing the route will only be permitted when there are sufficient gaps in the runners. Find maps with runner times here