Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Weekly Updates & District 10 announcements
Highlights for the Week of April 4, 2022
- Celebrate Earth Day with your neighbors and friends by volunteering to clean up your local park on Saturday, April 23, 2022, 10am to 12pm. Join this community-wide volunteer effort to help make a difference. The Parks Division is seeking 850 volunteers at 50+ parks, located throughout the city, to assist with trash pickup, raking, weeding, and removing sticks. Parks throughout the city, locations and number of volunteers are listed under the registration link. All ages are welcome to participate. Advance registration is required for anyone 10 years and older. Registration closes on Friday, April 22, at 10am.
DISTRICT 10's Parks – See you there – Please share in your social media outlets:
Marlborough Park, 2222 Whenona Dr.
Nakoma Park, 3801 Cherokee Dr.
Zook Park, 950 Pontiac Trl.
- Madison Police Department is seeking community input on policing and will host focus groups as part of strategic plan. Each one of MPD's six patrol districts will host a meeting. The meeting will cover broad themes on topics such as community trust, the role of police, community policing, crime and safety, and police staffing. Below is a list of dates and times for each district's meeting. Details about the meetings, including registration information, can be found here.
DISTRICT 10's list of dates and times
West District: April 11, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Midtown District: April 12 6:30 - 8 p.m.
South District: April 13, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Meetings will be recorded for later review
- Metro to Participate in State Tornado Drill. Both Metro fixed-route and paratransit vehicles will participate in the state tornado drill on Thursday, April 7. More information here.
When: Thursday, April 7
Times: 1:45pm & 6:45pm
Duration: 1 minute
DISTRICT 10's Engineering Projects:
Hammersley Road Project at the Board of Public Works upcoming meeting:
When: Wednesday, April 6
Times: 4:30 pm
Register for agenda item 9 here
Coming up: Resurfacing & Utility Replacement Project: Assessment District:
Kroncke Drive, Lanett Circle & Tanager Trail, see details here
- The City Clerk's Office encourages voters to confirm their polling place before the April 5 Spring Election. Many polling places in the City of Madison have changed because of redistricting. The Clerk's Office sent postcards to voters in areas impacted by polling place changes in early March. Voters can view a sample ballot for their address on the MyVote Wisconsin website.
- Enter your address to find your poling place
- The CARES team for mental health emergencies, which was launched in September 2021, is now answering calls city-wide. Learn more here.
- Madison Parks is celebrating 50 years of conservation parks. Throughout 2022, we will celebrate these uniquely managed lands through stories, videos and events. Learn more here.
- Streets Division announcements:
- Yard waste collection begins April 4. Learn when you should put out your yard waste for collection here. You get two collections in the spring, so look up the dates now so you don't miss out.
- Brush collection begins April 4. Learn when you should put out your brush for collection here. You get five brush pickups a year.
- The Badger Road drop-off site is now closed. It will remain closed until at least the spring of 2023.
- The drop-off site at 402 South Point Road has replaced the Badger Road site as the west side drop-off site. This location will be the west side drop-off site for the entirety of 2022 and the first few months of 2023 while Badger Road is shuttered due to the pending construction project.
- On April 4, a special temporary drop-off site will open at 121 E. Olin Avenue for certain evenings and weekends.
- Also on April 4, the South Point Rd and 4602 Sycamore Avenue drop-off sites expand their hours.
- There's still time to join the April Master Recycler class with Sustain Dane & the City of Madison. Sign-ups are available here.
- Ever been curious about what happens to your recycling after it's collected? Check out this video that shows how Pellitteri sorts the recyclables collected by the Streets Division.
Email to a friend