Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Upcoming Meetings and Events, Parks, Jobs, Resources, "The Reality Check"
Check out the history behind Sina Davis Movies in the Park, Sina was a lifelong resident of District 10.
Save the date for the next Transit Network Redesign public meeting on 9/23/2021 6:00 PM-8:00 PM, more to come later.
Join the city's workforce, creating an account to use the job portal is easy, click here. If you need help putting a resume together or to practice for an interview, connect with the Urban League for resources.
The Dane County Department of Human Services Immigration Affairs Office has put together some resources for undocumented people. Visit the website to learn more.
HEAT, BAD HOUSING AND LABOR ABUSE: "In November of 2020 Roberto arrived in California's San Joaquin Valley to pick oranges, tangerines and lemons for Porterville Citrus, a large grower. He'd been hired in Veracruz, Mexico, by a recruiter for Fresh Harvest, a labor contractor who brings workers to the U.S. every year under the H-2A temporary visa program." To learn more about H-2A Farmworkers, click here.
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of August 16, 2021
Rent Abatement and Tenant Protections
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- Upcoming Movies in the Park
- Madison International Partners offers two separate Citizenship Classes a week: Tuesdays from 5pm-6:30pm, and Saturdays from 9am-10:30am. Classes are held online via Zoom. Enrollment for both classes is still open.
- The Madison Night Market takes place on State Street on Thursday, August 19, from 4pm-9pm. Vendors showcase handmade products, local art, artisan gifts, prepackaged foods and fresh produce. The event includes live music, special visiting food carts and pop-up restaurant experiences. Learn more here.
- Upcoming, public-facing COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinics, as organized by Public Health Madison & Dane County:
- Saturday, August 14: First United Congregational Church of Christ, 10am-2pm
- Saturday, August 14: The Beacon, 9am-11:30am
- Saturday, August 14: Forward Madison Game at Breese Stevens Field, 6pm-9pm
- Sunday, August 15: Rookies Food & Spirits (Mazomanie), 12pm-3pm
- Monday, August 16: Mercado Marimar, 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 17: Luke House, 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 17: Sun Prairie Library (Sun Prairie), 11am-6pm
- Wednesday, August 18: Middleton Outreach Ministry, 10am-1pm
- Wednesday, August 18: Forward Madison Game at Breese Stevens Field, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday, August 19: Luke House, 5pm-7pm
You can find details and see a map of all upcoming public clinics on the Public Health website. They also have regular vaccine hours at their South Madison and East Washington offices. Public Health Madison & Dane County's COVID-19 Data Snapshot is released every Thursday. You can read their weekly blog post for a summary of the week's data. For a weekly summary of talking points around COVID-19 in Dane County, please check out Public Health's hot topics document in their Google Drive. This week, they put out a blog post about being a vaccine champion (also in Spanish).
- Do you like food, art, music, and fun activities? Then join the fun at LIFT Leopold on August 17, 5:30pm-7:30pm at Aldo Leopold Park, 2906 Traceway Drive. There will be free dinner at 6pm, DreamBikes free bike repair/community ride, power dance and Afro-Peruvian music, MSCR nature kits for kids, art activities for kids, and a vaccination clinic and vaccine education.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- The City of Madison Engineering Division is proud to announce national recognition for the work accomplished on two City buildings -- Fire Station 14 and Madison Municipal Building (MMB). The American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) recognized both FS14 and MMB as part of its 2021 Engineering Excellence Awards competition. Read more here.
Save the Date
- Beginning Tuesday, September 7, Madison Public Library locations will return to full-service hours. Click here to see the open hours for all library locations.
Email to a friend