Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
New Year, New Look! - D15 Update 1/6/20
Happy New Year!
Here's hoping everyone had some opportunity to rest, reflect, and recharge over the holidays. I'm grateful for the time I had to spend with my family before everyone headed back to the daily grind this morning.
With the new year, I'm making some changes to the Weekly Update format. I'm now including links to the City of Madison News Releases and to the Madison Commons Media Digest. These are both great sources for staying up to date with what's happening locally. I'm also discontinuing the daily highlight section since all of this information can be found in the District 15 calendar.
One of my primary goals as alder is to help keep District 15 residents informed of what's happening in the city and to provide good opportunities for residents to share their thoughts with me. My job is to represent you on the Common Council and the best way I can do that is by hearing from you. Towards that end, I'm considering holding office hours at Pinney library once the new location opens in March. Fill out this quick survey to let me know if this is something you think is worthwhile or if you have other ideas for how to stay connected.
East Dean Avenue Reconstruction
I received some questions about E. Dean reconstruction over the holidays. This is currently planned for reconstruction in 2020 and Engineering is working on developing options that will be presented at a public information meeting sometime in the next several months. I'll share more information once it's available.
- How to Have Your Christmas Tree Collected
December 30, 2019 | The Streets Division provides two rounds of curbside collection for Christmas trees. The first round will begin on January 2...
- Statement from the Office of Mayor Rhodes-Conway Regarding PFAS Levels in Olbrich Boat Launch Foam
December 19, 2019 | The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) announced today that high concentrations of per- and polyfluoroalkyl...
- Mayor 'Flips the Switch' on Largest Solar Project in City History
December 17, 2019 | The City's newest and most powerful solar project was officially turned on Dec.
- Clerk's Office Encourages Voters to Verify Registration
December 16, 2019 | In response to Friday's court ruling regarding the inactivation of voter registrations, the Madison City Clerk's Office...
- Madison Fire Makes Switch To PFA-free Foam
December 16, 2019 | The Madison Fire Department has acquired and placed into service a brand of firefighting foam shown to be PFA-free,...
- Private Dane County Board 'chairs meetings' raise questions about government transparency, Chris Rickert, Wisconsin State Journal, Jan. 4.
- Public encouraged to weigh in on use of funds for mental health services, Abigail Becker, Capital Times, Jan. 2.
- DA Ozanne announces new focus on hate crimes, Robert Chappell, Madison365, Dec. 31.
- WORT seeks to move block party, make it "WORTstock," Dean Mosiman, WSJ, Jan. 4.
- Edgewood won't pursue compromise on athletic field, Emily Hamer, WSJ, Jan. 2.
- At least two Madison School Board races contested this spring, Scott Girard, CT, Jan. 2.
- When it comes to clean energy, Minnesota outshines Wisconsin, Chris Hubbuch, WSJ, Jan. 5.
- Dane County awards $3.25 million contract for sediment removal project; Executive Joe Parisi: Local government can lead with 'cutting-edge technology,' Abigail Becker, CT, Dec. 30.
- Manure storage in Dane County reached a crisis point in 2019, Dylan Brogan, Isthmus, Jan. 2.
Click on 'details' in the events below for links to additional details and meeting agendas. You can find a full list of city meetings here.
Subscribe to the District 15 Blog via the sidebar above to receive an email when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at email@example.com
Email to a friend