Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
MLK, PFAS, ALRC - D15 Update 1/19/19
I shared some information last week on PFAS including the date of an upcoming public information meeting at Sennett MS on January 30th. This week's Isthmus ran an Op-Ed from the Water Utility's Public Information Officer, Amy Barrilleaux, that tries to clear up some of the confusion caused by the previous article. You can read it here: Our fight for safe drinking water.
Alcohol License Review Committee
On Wednesday of last week, the ALRC met for over nine hours including on three D15 related items. They recommended: 1) approval of the request to move the Jade Monkey from its current location to 217 Cottage Grove Road; 2) approval of a license transfer for Garver with the condition that they come up with a parking management plan prior to renewal in June; and 3) denial of the request for a new alcohol and adult entertainment license for Silk Exotic nightclub.
On Monday, it's the 35th Annual Madison-Dane County King Holiday Observance at Overture Center for the Arts. Freedom sing-in at 5 PM and program begins 6 PM
On Tuesday, the Common Council Executive Committee will discuss the Task Force on Government Structure Final Report and will begin a discussion on the 2021 Budget. The Common Council agenda includes several items of possible interest to D15 residents including: 29. 58807 Approving Plans and Specifications for Garver Path Gates; 33. 57712 Accepting the report from the Madison Police Department Policy & Procedure Review Ad Hoc Committee; 48 & 49 Authorizing the execution of a Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City of Madison for the City's acquisition of the property located at 3461 & 3465 Milwaukee Street for the expansion of Sherry (O.B.) Park.
And on Sunday, Lake Edge neighbors will be getting together for the LENA Membership Pizza Party at the VFW.
- Final Chance for Christmas Tree Collection Begins January 21
January 17, 2020 | The Streets Division will begin the final round of Christmas tree collection on January 21, 2020. Residents who wish to have...
- County Executive Parisi and Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway Announce the Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award Honorees
January 16, 2020 | County Executive Parisi and Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway Announce the Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award Honorees
- Mayor Calls for Action after Survey Results on City Work Culture
January 16, 2020 | Two committees that focus on race and gender equality in the City are recommending change and action after
- Statement from the Office of Mayor Rhodes-Conway Regarding PFAS in Fish Tissue Samples
January 15, 2020 | Earlier today the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) issued a news release which identified fish from...
- No Refuse, Recycling, or Drop-off Services on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 15, 2020 | There will be no refuse or recycling collection on Monday, January 20, 2020 in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr...
- Meet the UW Women's Hockey Team & Bucky
January 14, 2020 | Madison Parks in partnership with the Wisconsin athletic department is hosting a meet and greet with the Wisconsin women's...
- Voter ID Questions Answered
January 14, 2020 | The City of Madison Clerk's Office would like voters to know the answers to the ten most frequently asked questions they...
- Madison Food Policy Council Announces 2020 SEED Grants Cycle
January 13, 2020 | The City of Madison Food Policy Council announces the 2020 SEED Grants cycle to address food access issues in our community.
- Metro Transit Service Reduced on Monday, January 20
January 13, 2020 | Due to the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday on Monday, January 20, Metro follows SATURDAY schedules.
- Madison public golf courses need investments of $34.7 million to $52.5 million, Dean Mosiman, WSJ, Jan. 14.
- Zoo Director looks ahead after split with former fundraising partner, Judy Davidoff, Isthmus, Jan. 16.
- Madison Diocese identifies ninth priest credibly accused of sexual abuse, Emily Hamer, WSJ, Jan. 18.
- Madison Community Foundation gives $605k in grants to 22 local nonprofits, Shanzeh Ahmad, WSJ, Jan. 13.
- Jefferson Middle School principal's departure highlights turnover in Madison middle schools, Chris Rickert, WSJ, Jan. 18.
- Madison superintendent candidate resigning from Georgia post amid audit, Logan Wroge, WSJ, Jan. 18.
- Thomas focuses on 'success for every child', Jan. 17; Gutiérrez an 'advocate for every single student', Jan. 16; Vanden Wyngaard stresses 'students first', Jan. 15; What the MMSD finalists said about..., Scott Girard, CT, Jan. 18.
- Madison School Board members want to vote on referendum in March, Scott Girard, CT, Jan. 14.
- Dane County to purchase 79 acres in Middleton for wetland restoration, flood water storage, Shanzeh Ahmad, WSJ, Jan. 17.
- DNR warns of PFAS in fish from Lake Monona, Starkweather Creek, Chris Hubbuch, WSJ, Jan. 16.
Click on 'details' in the events below for links to additional details and meeting agendas. You can find a full list of city meetings here.
Subscribe to the District 15 Blog via the sidebar above to receive an email when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email to a friend