Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
Pinney Grand Opening & Metro Public Hearing - D15 Update 3/9/19
On Tuesday, the Common Council amended city ordinances to reflect a change in policy for dogs in city parks. The policy change allows on-leash dogs in the majority of city parks. Unfortunately, the details for the policy change are not yet available on the Parks website. I will share them out once they're available.
- Monday: Check out a free sneak peak of the Wisconsin Film Festival at Hawthorne Library. Watch trailers of this year's films, learn about the ins and outs from WFF staff, and bring your questions about the festival.
- Tuesday: It's the second of two Public Input Meetings on the future of our municipal golf program. You can also take this online survey to share your opinions.
- Wednesday: There will be a Public Hearing for proposed Metro transit changes at the Transportation Commission. You can find information about the hearing and proposed changes along with links to share feedback here. Also, the Board of Parks Commissioners and the Library Board will hold a joint session at Olbrich Gardens to hear an update on the proposed Reindahl Imagination Center.
- Thursday: Join me at the official Pinney Library Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 11a and stick around for tours, cake, and coffee. Check out the flyer above for more activities all weekend long.
- Saturday: Build a wind turbine; practice an energy audit for your house; make a sustainability pledge; discover Wisconsin environmentalists Aldo Leopold, John Muir & Gaylord Nelson and more at Saturday Science: Earth Day Countdown.
- Sunday: The Madison Bikes Mural Ride will leave Garver Feed Mill at 1p; get there by 12:30p for a free slice of pizza. Long route is 12-14 miles with a lot of stops, short route is 5 miles with many stops.
- Save the date: Eastside Dog Park Meeting - March 19
Click on 'details' in the events below for links to additional details and meeting agendas. You can find a full list of city meetings here.
- Wisconsin Film Festival Sneak Peeks at Madison Public Libraries
March 5, 2020 | Get a glimpse of what's screening at this year's Wisconsin Film Festival!
- Self-Quarantine Recommended for Some Travelers by State Health Agency
March 5, 2020 | The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is recommending travelers from certain countries follow a limited self-...
- Mall Madness!
March 4, 2020 | The City of Madison is planning for the future of the city's malls!
- Night Sweeping Begins Sunday, March 8
March 4, 2020 | The Streets Division will begin the annual nighttime spring cleanup street sweeping process on the evening of March 8, 2020...
- Council Communications Survey / Comunicaciones del Consejo Común de Madison
March 3, 2020 | Help shape how you receive information from your alder. Online Link to Survey (English)
- Requesting an Absentee Ballot for the Presidential Primary
March 3, 2020 | With the Presidential Primary only five weeks away, the City of Madison Clerk's Office encourages voters who will need to...
- Rainbow murals could appear on Madison streets under new proposal, Abigail Becker, Capital Times, March 8.
- Dane County Supervisors to introduce resolution opposing F-35 fighter jets at Truax Field, Abigail Becker, CT, March 5.
- Madison task force looking for public input to help decide future of city golf courses, Abigail Becker, CT, March 5.
- From civic space to child care, East Side residents envision possibilities for proposed Reindahl Imagination Center, Abigail Becker, CT, March 4.
- Leashed dogs now allowed in most Madison parks, Abigail Becker, CT, March 4.
Subscribe to the District 15 Blog via the sidebar above to receive an email when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email to a friend