Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
Swanton Traffic Calming, Civilian Oversight & Independent Monitor - D15 Update 8/24/20
- Gun violence continues - An incident on Commercial Avenue on Friday avenue left one man with life-threatening injuries & shots fired on Stein Avenue early this morning hit two homes and vehicles but resulted in no injuries. Meanwhile in Kenosha yesterday, another Black man was shot by police.
- I joined a number of other local elected officials in a Letter of Concern to Director Janel Heinrich and Chancellor Rebecca Blank regarding UW's "Smart Restart Plan".
- November 3rd Election News
- National Poll Worker Recruitment Day is September 1 - sign up at www.cityofmadison.com/EO
- Ballots will be mailed by September 17 - track the status of your absentee at https://MyVote.wi.gov
- National Voter Registration Day is September 22 - voters with WI ID can register online at https://MyVote.wi.gov
- Moved? Update Your Voter Registration
- Beginning September 22, we will have poll workers stationed throughout the city for curbside ballot drop-off (locations and hours coming soon)
- Options for Returning Absentee Ballots
- City updates
- Allis/Spaanem/Shaffer Water Main Installation Project
- Schools Required to Start Grades 3-12 Virtually
- Madison Water Utility Board to review fluoridation policy - If you'd like to provide comment, you can register for the Water Utility Board meeting on Tuesday.
- Metro Transit to Start Collecting Fares
- Bike Path Closure--Capital City Trail
- And as a reminder for Eastmorland residents, the survey for feedback on a proposed off-leash dog exercise area for O.B Sherry or Eastmorland Park can be found here. The survey will be open until September 26th.
- Lake Edge Neighborhood Association's monthly meeting will begin at 6p on Monday via Zoom. You can find the details here.
- Hiestand Park neighborhood residents are invited to attend a meeting with city Traffic Engineering staff to review possible traffic calming and pedestrian/bicycle improvements for Swanton Road & Milo Lane on Tuesday at 6 pm. Register in advance here to get a meeting link.
- Criminal Justice Reform - Significant work continues around policing and criminal justice reform. PSRC and CCEC will both review the draft ordinances to create the Office of the Independent Monitor and Civilian Oversight Board. These items will be on next week's Common Council agenda for action. You can clink on the links below for the agendas and information on how to register to provide comment on these proposals at this week's meetings.
- Other city meetings: There are a number of other city meetings of possible interest this week including Sustainable Madison Committee and Housing Strategy Committee. You can find a full schedule here: https://www.cityofmadison.com/clerk/meeting-schedule
Save the Date
The public hearing for the Demolition and Redevelopment proposal for the Cottage Grove Road/Monona Drive project will be at the Plan Commission meeting of 9/14/20. I will provide more info on this proposal prior to this meeting.
Subscribe to the District 15 blog via the sidebar above to receive email notification when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at email@example.com.
Email to a friend