Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
Olbrich Park Path, Metro Network Redesign, Orton-Front Fest - D15 Update 8/23/21
New Public Health Order Issued for Dane County Requiring Face Coverings Indoors
On Tuesday, August 17, Public Health Madison & Dane County issued a Face Covering Emergency Order which went into effect at 12:01am on Thursday, August 19. The new order requires that everyone age 2 and older wear a face covering or mask when in any enclosed space open to the public where other people, except for members of the person's own household or living unit are present. Learn more here.
Metro Network Redesign Alternatives
As part of the Transit Network Redesign project, two contrasting alternatives have been developed: a coverage network, maximizing the number of people with access to bus service, and a ridership network, maximizing frequency and the number of riders that the network will draw. These alternatives were presented to a joint session of the City of Madison Transportation Commission and the Transportation Policy and Planning Board and are being shared with the public for feedback.
Following public feedback a new draft network plan will be developed and finalized and will be implemented in August 2022. This redesign effort will incorporate the BRT routes and has the potential to significantly change current bus service in Madison. If you use the bus or would like to use the bus, please review the materials below and take the survey. There will also be a virtual public information meeting on September 23 at 6:00 pm to hear more about the proposals and to hear feedback.
- Watch Meeting & PowerPoint Presentation PDF
- Alternatives Report PDF & Conclusion/Appendix PDF
- Network Alternatives Survey
- Transit Network Redesign Project Website
Olbrich Park Path Options
On Wednesday, the Transportation Commission will receive a presentation on three options for the future path alignment through Olbrich Park. This path will be constructed as part of the Atwood Avenue reconstruction project that is awaiting federal funding. You can find more details about the full project here.
- Option 1 was the original path alignment approved as part of the project several years ago.
- Option 2 was an alternative recommended by the Board of Parks Commissioners several years ago.
- Option 3 is a new alternative developed to avoid routing through the sledding hill area and to reduce the paved area of the parking lot.
The popular Orton Park Fest and Marquette Waterfront Festivals are back this week in a combined Orton-Front Festival. Events will include Cycropia Aerial Dance at Orton Park on Thursday & Friday and the Fools' Flotilla from Tenney to Yahara Place Park on Sunday. You can find the full schedule of events here.
Friends Book Sale
Friends of Pinney Library will be holding a book sale on Saturday from 12:30-4:30p. You can find the details here.
In the news
- Metro Transit Service Changes Start on Sunday, August 22
- Library Takeover Returns September 1: Submit Your Application!
- Dane County Alliance Against Commercial Tobacco Sounds the Alarm on New Tobacco Product: Nicotine Pouches
- Madison Public Library Hours Expand on September 7
- Madison Commons, Media Digest
- City of Madison Complete Meeting Schedule
District 15 Engineering Projects
(You can find a list of all engineering projects in District 15 here.)
- Atwood Avenue - Updated 8/18/21 to include information about the Olbrich Path alignment at Transportation Commission - This project is awaiting federal funding.
- Sycamore Park Parking Lot Replacement - The parking lot adjacent to the Sycamore Park dog park will be resurfaced August 23 - September 7
- Dean Ave., East and Allis Ave. Project Update - Updated 8/13/21
- Starkweather Drive/Garver Path - Starkweather Drive Reconstruction: Mid July to Mid Sep 2021, Starkweather Creek Bridges Complete & Adjacent Path work: Nov 2021, Wetland Bridge Complete & Adjacent Path work: Jul 2022
- Davies St., Dempsey Rd., Maher Ave. Reconstruction - Staff is working on alternative designs for Maher Avenue. Another public information meeting should be scheduled sometime this fall.
- Autumn Ridge Path - This project is awaiting federal funding. We should hear sometime this month.
- Starkweather Creek Watershed Study - Public Information Meeting #1 is scheduled for September 16.
Save the date
- September 16 - Starkweather Creek Watershed Study Public Information Meeting
- September 23, 6pm - Transit Network Redesign Public Information Meeting
- November 6 - ECA Leaf Raking
Subscribe to the District 15 blog via the sidebar above to receive email notification when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email to a friend