Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
ECA & LENA, Fete de Marquette, Art on the Square - D15 Update 7/8/19
Summer is in full swing! Check out what's cooking in the links below and reach out with any questions or concerns.
In the news:
- Change in Command Staff at East District
- Solar made easier: MadiSUN Backyard Solar Grant application now open
- Madison Water Utility files for possible rate increase
- Mayor, police chief plan extensive review of security following shooting at fireworks
- Madison City Council adopts school resource officer contract
- Madison City Council confirms five-year term for City Attorney Mike May
- 'It's too messy': Alder says developer backed out of E. Wilson St. redevelopment on Essen Haus block
- Madison School Board president keeps old, higher pay in new, long-vacant city position
- City of Madison Announces Partnership with Climate Mayors Electric Vehicle Purchasing Collaborative
- Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway issued the following statement in response to Governor Tony Evers' signing of the 2019-2021 State Budget
- Mary Burke leaves Madison School Board after seven years
- Call for Street & Graffiti Artists (apply by July 22)
- The 2019 Forward Art Prize (apply by July 15)
This week's highlights:
Monday, July 8, 2019
4:30 pm - Finance Committee: The Judge Doyle Square team will present a Block 88 Development Agreement Negotiation Status Report
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
7:00 pm - ECA Meeting: Monthly meeting of the Eastmorland Community Association. Anyone living in the Eastmorland neighborhood is invited to attend.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
7:00 pm - LENA Monthly Meeting: Topics this month include: Presentation by Madison Water Department regarding house to be built by the water tower; Picnic Planning; House Demolition – 4800 Buckeye Road; Newsletter Production and Distribution
Thursday, July 11, 2019
7:00 pm - Movies with Madison Parks - Ferris Bueller's Day Off: We're celebrating 125 years of parks with a classic, movie favorite - Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Join us near the Olbrich Park Biergarten for this free movie!
Friday, July 12, 2019
3:30 pm - New Pinney Library Tour: Madison Public Library Foundation staff will be conducting monthly tours of the new Pinney Library for donors and potential donors. All tours begin at 3:30 p.m. Hard hats (available on site) and close-toed shoes are required.
4:00 pm - 2019 Fete de Marquette: Madison's Favorite Summer Festival! Fete is produced by and benefits the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center.
Saturday, July 13, 2019
9:00 am - 61st annual Art Fair on the Square: With its mix of music, entertainment, and outdoor dining, as well as nearly 500 juried artists exhibiting paintings, prints, photographs, sculpture, jewelry, handmade clothing and accessories, and fine craft, the fair draws nearly 200,000 visitors to Madison's Capitol Square. (Farmer's Market will move to Breese Stevens Field this week.)
Sunday, July 13, 2019
2:15 pm - Historic Dean House Tour: Monthly tour of the historic Dean House. 2nd tour begins at 3:15 pm.
Click on 'details' in the events below for links to additional details and meeting agendas. You can find a full list of city meetings here.
Subscribe to the District 15 Blog via the sidebar above to receive an email when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email to a friend