Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
ALRC, PFAS, Urban Design Commission - D15 Update 1/13/20
Thanks to everyone that filled out the survey about office hours. I'll leave it open one more week to collect any additional responses and will share more info next week.
Three licenses of interest to D15 residents will be considered at Wednesday's ALRC meeting. 1) Silk Exotic: An application for new liquor and adult entertainment licenses to do business in the building where Visions operates currently; 2) Jade Monkey: A request to transfer the current license down the street to the building that houses Buck's Pizza; 3) Garver Events: A request to transfer the current license from Underground to Garver. If you have opinions on any of these items, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or plan on attending the meeting to share your input directly with committee members.
Last week's Isthmus article has raised new questions from D15 residents about PFAS contamination. I am reaching out to the water utility and public health staff for more information to share. Stay tuned for more info soon.
The Water Quality Technical Advisory Committee meets tonight at 5:00p for a 'PFAS DISCUSSION WITH DHS & DNR STAFF'. On Tuesday, there's the Eastmorland Community Association monthly meeting and also an opportunity to meet the MMSD Superintendent candidates. In addition to the ALRC meeting on Wednesday, the Urban Design Commission will review proposals related to La Follette HS and Woodman's food market and the Golf Task Force will hold its next meeting. More details and additional meetings/events can be found in the District 15 calendar below.
- A Risk for Lung Cancer: Test Your Home For Radon
January 13, 2020 | January is National Radon Action Month and the South Central Radon Information Center, representing Dane, Rock, and Green...
- Clerk's Office Encourages Voters to Verify their Registration Status
January 10, 2020 | At this time, the Wisconsin Elections Commission has not issued any directives regarding voters listed on the 2019 ERIC...
- Angela Trudell Vasquez, Madison's Newest Poet Laureate
January 9, 2020 | Madison's Common Council this week voted to support Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway's appointment of Angela Trudell Vasquez to...
- Forestry Section Moves to the Streets Division
January 8, 2020 | The Forestry Section has moved from the Parks Division to the Streets Division. As part of the move to Streets, the Forestry...
- Novel financing approach may help city absorb town of Madison, Dean Mosiman, Wisconsin State Journal, Jan. 12.
- Changes aimed at making city government more fair would cost $2.2 million, Dean Mosiman, WSJ, Jan. 8; Implementing change would cost millions, Abigail Becker, Capital Times, Jan. 8.
- Five Dane County Board seats will see races in spring election, deadline for Council seat extended, Abigail Becker, CT, Jan. 8.
- Madison City Council repeals Edgewood's master plan, allowing west side school to host games, Abigail Becker, CT, Jan. 8.
- No criminal conduct found with Vilas Zoo society's use of donations, Abigail Becker, CT, Jan. 7.
- Carl DuRocher, disability activist remembered as 'courageous' and 'gracious,' Samara Kalk Derby, WSJ, Jan. 7.
- Proposal would give Madison School Board decision in staff discipline for 'racial incidents,' Logan Wroge, WSJ, Jan. 12; Hearing officer finds 'no just cause' for discipline of teacher who used the N-word, Chris Rickert and Logan Wroge, WSJ, Jan. 7.
Click on 'details' in the events below for links to additional details and meeting agendas. You can find a full list of city meetings here.
Subscribe to the District 15 Blog via the sidebar above to receive an email when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at email@example.com
Email to a friend