Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
Public Safety Forum & Spring Primary Election - D15 Update 2/17/20
- Monday - Transportation Policy & Planning Board will be making recommendations on BRT routing alternatives, Lake Edge Neighborhood Association will hold their monthly meeting, and there will be a School Board Candidate Forum at Lincoln Elementary School.
- Tuesday - Remember to vote in the Spring Primary Election. **A reminder to voters living in Ward 15, that you have a new polling place at the YMCA.**
- Wednesday - Many District 15 residents have talked with me about the importance of public safety in their lives. Alder Lemmer and I have organized a forum with the help of Captain Nelson and Deputy Mayor McLay. Participants will have the opportunity to talk with other eastside residents about what public safety means for them and ideas to help everyone feel safe. Space is limited, so please preregister by clicking here.
- Thursday - The Plan Commission will hold a special meeting about green infrastructure.
- Friday - Stop by the Black History Month Open House at the Wisconsin Historical Museum.
- Saturday - Angela Trudell Vasquez will read from all three of her collections at the Madison Poet Laureate Public Reception.
- Sunday - Stop in at Java Cat and say hi during February Office Hours - County Supervisor Audet will be there too!
- Save the Date - Dog Park Meeting Thursday, March 19th at Olbrich Gardens - More info here.
- Ride the Drive 2020 Announced February 14, 2020 | The tradition continues! Madison Parks is pleased to announce Ride the Drive is back for its 12th year!
- Closer to Possible Flooding Solutions: Engineers to Share Data Collected February 14, 2020 | The public is encouraged to join the City in the next phase of its Watershed Studies, by attending upcoming public...
- Register to Vote at the Polls on Tuesday February 14, 2020 | Although voter registration is not available the Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before an election, voters are able to register...
- Senior Exercise: Is it ever too late? February 11, 2020 | If you are over the age of 60 you may be thinking that your days of being active are quickly dwindling down, that there is...
- Absentee Ballots Available for Hospitalized Voters February 11, 2020 | Today is the first day for hospitalized voters to appoint an agent to retrieve their Spring Primary absentee ballot from the...
- Election Accessibility February 10, 2020 | The City of Madison Clerk's Office is highlighting accessible options for voters of all abilities to cast a ballot and have...
- Madison Community Development Authority board votes to hire armed security guards, Abigail Becker, CT, Feb. 14.
- Madison parks board recommends allowing leashed dogs at more city parks, Abigail Becker, CT, Feb. 13.
- 'It would be devastating': Hmong community reacts to deportation talks putting thousands at risk, Madalyn O'Neill, Channel 3000, Feb. 13.
- Projected enrollment drop means staffing cuts coming in Madison School District, Scott Girard, CT, Feb. 12.
- UW climate activists join nationwide demands for fossil fuel divestment with Bascom Hall 'die-in,' Yvonne Kim, CT, Feb. 14.
- Flu surges in Wisconsin, David Wahlberg, WSJ, Feb. 15.
- Future of Mendota Health expansion uncertain, Brianna Reilly, CT, Feb. 14.
- Wisconsin census panel holds first meeting one month before 2020 effort will start, Abigail Becker and Briana Reilly, CT, Feb. 12.
- Republicans propose nearly $250 million income tax cut, Mitchell Schmidt, WSJ, Feb. 15.
- Feb. 18 Supreme Court primary will narrow the field to two, Bill Lueders, Isthmus, Feb. 6.
- Fast-moving GOP farm aid legislation would cost $36 million per year, Mitchell Schmidt, WSJ, Feb. 12.
Click on 'details' in the events below for links to additional details and meeting agendas. You can find a full list of city meetings here.
Subscribe to the District 15 Blog via the sidebar above to receive an email when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email to a friend