Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
Turner Ave. Church Meeting, Absentee Voting Deadline - D15 Update 8/3/20
- Municipal Golf Task Force - The Golf Task Force did have what was planned to be their final meeting last week. I haven't had a chance to watch the recording yet, but I expect they may have come to some final recommendations. You can watch a recording of the meeting here. Any recommendations will be forwarded to the Common Council for action and I'll share out more details in the future once that occurs.
- Dog Park Survey - An informational presentation and survey regarding a potential off-leash dog exercise area in either O.B Sherry or Eastmorland Park was prepared by Parks staff and links to both can be found here. Please take a little time to review the presentation and provide your feedback to guide the decision making. The survey will be open until September 26th.
- August 11th Primary Election - The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot is this Thursday, August 6th. You can find more details on how to do that as well as info on how to return a ballot here.
- Turner Avenue Church Noise Complaints - I have heard from a number of residents over the past year regarding excessive noise coming from the church on Turner Avenue. MPD and the city attorney's office have followed up on these complaints, but the issues have continued. I met with the pastor last week and he has agreed to meet with neighbors this Sunday at 3 pm to discuss. All concerned neighbors are encouraged to attend and help spread the word. Please bring a mask and an umbrella in case of rain as we will plan on meeting outside.
- Common Council Meeting - There will be only one common council meeting in August. You can find a link to the agenda and details on how to register for comment or watch the meeting here. Some items of potential interest to D15 residents include:
- Requiring bird-safe glass treatment on specified buildings - I support this common sense change to help reduce unnessary bird deaths caused by glass in new construction.
- For introduction only (debate and decisions occur at a future meeting):
- 112 - An Ordinance creating Sections 5.19 and 5.20 of the Madison General Ordinances establishing the Office of the Independent Police Monitor and the Police Civilian Oversight Board.
- 113 - Creating Section 28.022 - 00464 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 209 Cottage Grove Road, 15th Aldermanic District, from CC-T (Commercial Corridor-Transitional District) to NMX (Neighborhood Mixed-Use) District. (Public Hearing is scheduled for 9/14.)
- Criminal Justice/Policing Reform:
- Alder Workgroup to Develop Logistics & Operational Details For MPD Independent Civilian Oversight - The last meeting of the workgroup is on Monday. Their recommendations will be introduced at Tuesday's Common Council meeting.
- Police and Fire Commission - Discussion of tentative timeline, scheduling, draft position announcement, and methods for community and stakeholder input.
- Common Council Executive Committee - Discussion on prohibiting the use of tear gas, mace, and impact projectile devices by MPD.
- Other city meetings: There are a number of other city meetings of possible interest this week: https://www.cityofmadison.com/clerk/meeting-schedule
Subscribe to the District 15 blog via the sidebar above to receive email notification when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at email@example.com.
Email to a friend