Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
CGR Proposal Denied, New Fall Leaf Collection Announced - D15 Update 9/18/20
- Plan Commission votes to deny request for Lakeside Shopping Center demolition - On a 5-3 vote, the Plan Commission acted to 'Place on File Without Prejudice' the proposal to demolish three commercial buildings on Cottage Grove Road and replace with 200 luxury apartment units. This means that the proposal was not approved, but that the applicant can bring the same or similar proposal back to Plan Commission in the future. You can watch the Plan Commission hearing and deliberation here. Thanks to all those that wrote in and provided public testimony on this important item.
- Other city updates
- Call for Volunteers for Starkweather Creek Water Monitoring
- The final round of brush collection begins Monday, September 21 – read here
- The Streets Division will be using a brand new leaf collection schedule for the fall of 2020. Madison residents will have assigned days when you should set leaves to the curb for collection – read here
- Clean Streets/Clean Lakes Parking Enforcement Resumes October 5 – read here
- Public Health Madison & Dane County Statement about Decision to Hold Badger Football Games – read here
- Budget Meetings Continue - The Finance Committee is meeting on Monday, September 21, to consider the 2021 Capital Budget.
- Police Chief Search Continues - The Police and Fire Commission is meeting on Tuesday, September 22, to discuss the community input they have received so far.
- Gun Violence Prevention - The Community Services Committee will be discussing current City funding for gun violence prevention, intervention, and interruption on Wednesday, September 23.
- Continued Discussion on Body-Worn Cameras - The Body-Worn Camera Feasibility Review Committee will be discussing the Milwaukee Police Department's body-worn camera program on Thursday, September 24.
- Downtown Madison celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15 through October 15 – learn more here
- This is the last week to fill out the survey and on a proposed off-leash dog exercise area for O.B Sherry or Eastmorland Park. You can find the informational presentation and survey here.
- Other city meetings: There are a number of other city meetings of possible interest this week and you can find a full schedule here: https://www.cityofmadison.com/clerk/meeting-schedule
Save the Date
- This year's HOME COMPOST BIN & RAIN BARREL SALE will be at Garver Feed Mill on October 10.
- Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transportation Commission will hold a virtual public hearing at 6 p.m. on October 14 to review and discuss service updates put into place on August 23.
Subscribe to the District 15 blog via the sidebar above to receive email notification when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email to a friend