Alder Grant Foster
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Foster’s Updates
Bike Week, Starkweather Watershed, Fairs & Festivals - D15 Update 9/13/21
Enjoy fun events such as Bike Stations with free treats or bike checks, organized bike rides, movie screenings, virtual events or special Madison Bike Week offers from local businesses and the end of week party at Brittingham Park on Friday!
Madison Bike Week celebrates riding to work, to the grocery store, to a park, to the library--or biking just to feel the warm wind blowing through your hair. You can find all the details including a link to the week's schedule of events here.
Capital Budget Presentations at Finance Committee
The Finance Committee will be receiving agency presentations for the 2022 Capital Budget on Monday & Tuesday this week. You can find the details for those meetings here and all the 2022 budget info here.
Eastmorland Community Association Meeting
The monthly ECA meeting will be held online Tuesday at 7p. You can find a link to the agenda and online meeting here.
City redistricting work continues on Wednesday. The committee will be looking at updated maps from staff and focusing on the eastside districts. You can view the estimated timeline for the City's redistricting process and many other resources related to redistricting at the webpage here. You can find the details for Wednesday's meeting including a link to register for comment here.
Reindahl Park Encampment
The Public Safety Review Committee will be continuing its discussion of Reindahl Park and homeless issues at its meeting on Wednesday. Meeting Details
Starkweather Creek Watershed Study Kickoff Meeting
The first of several public information meetings for the Starkweather Creek Watershed Study will be held online, Thursday beginning at 6pm. City staff will share background on the location, purpose, impact, timeline and more for this watershed. The City will also host a Question and Answer Panel, and attendees are encouraged to engage, ask questions and join us for the conversation. You can find more details including a link to register for the discussion here.
Night Market & MadLit on State Street
The Madison Night Market returns to State Street on Thursday with vendors showcasing handmade products, local art, artisan gifts, prepackaged foods and fresh produce. The event includes live music, special visiting food carts and pop-up restaurant experiences. And on Friday, State Street will host the MadLit festival from 8-11pm. This free event includes Rey Cruz w/ Almighty from the 8 / Featuring D.J. Flaco.
Carpenter-Ridgeway Neighborhood Association Annual Meeting
On Saturday, the CRNA will hold its annual meeting at Carpenter-Ridgeway Park from 1-3pm. From the newsletter: "The neighborhood association will provide bottled and canned beverages and salty and sweet prepackaged snacks. So, pack up your lawn chair, sun screen, mosquito repellent (let's hope we don't need it) and lawn games, and join us for a good time. Our guest speaker will be Alder Grant Foster. We will also use this gathering to conduct our fall general membership meeting, at which time we will elect the neighborhood association board for the upcoming year. If you are interested in running for the board, please send an email to email@example.com"
The 44th Annual Willy St. Fair
The fair will once again feature an array of food and art vendors. music and more! Entry to the Saturday-Sunday event is free. Find all the details here.
20th Viva México Festival 2021
The Viva México Festival is a no cover charge event held on Sunday. There will be plenty of delicious Mexican food to enjoy, traditional Latino folk dance, exhibits, face painting, tables with cultural area information and more! Viva México Festival 2021 will feature a talented lineup of musical performers that are sure to make this Independence Day celebration an unforgettable one. The festivities start at 1pm with a "Car Caravan Parade" beginning at the Villager Mall, 2300 S. Park Street, and ending at Breese Stevens Field. The official inauguration ceremony at Breese Stevens Field is at 2pm. More information can be found here.
In the news
- Public Health Issues Updated Face Covering Emergency Order
- Brush Collection Ending for 2021 & Fall Yard Waste Schedule Now Available
- The Let's Talk Streets Campaign Seeks Input from People with Disabilities
- Madison Public Library Celebrates Library Card Sign-Up Month
- Madison Commons, Media Digest
- City of Madison Complete Meeting Schedule
District 15 Public Works Projects
(You can find a list of all engineering projects in District 15 here.)
- Atwood Avenue - Updated 8/18/21 to include information about the Olbrich Path alignment at Transportation Commission - This project is awaiting federal funding.
- Dean Ave., East and Allis Ave. Project Update - Updated 9/2/21
- Starkweather Drive/Garver Path - Starkweather Drive Reconstruction: Mid July to Mid Sep 2021, Starkweather Creek Bridges Complete & Adjacent Path work: Nov 2021, Wetland Bridge Complete & Adjacent Path work: Jul 2022
- Davies St., Dempsey Rd., Maher Ave. Reconstruction - Staff is working on alternative designs for Maher Avenue. Another public information meeting should be scheduled sometime this fall.
- Autumn Ridge Path - This project is awaiting federal funding. We should hear sometime this month.
- Starkweather Creek Watershed Study - Public Information Meeting #1 is scheduled for September 16.
Save the date
- September 20: Lake Edge Neighborhood Association Meeting
- September 22: Board of Park Commissioners - Olbrich Path Alignment
- September 23, 6pm: Transit Network Redesign Public Information Meeting
- September 25-26: Art Fair on the Square
- October 4: Future of John Nolen Drive: Join the Process!
- October 11-12: Executive Operating Budget at Finance Committee
- October 12: Eastmorland Community Association Meeting
- October 18: Lake Edge Neighborhood Association Meeting
- October 30, 11a-2p: Trunk-or-Treat at Ridgeway Church
- November 6: ECA Leaf Raking
Subscribe to the District 15 blog via the sidebar above to receive email notification when new updates are published. If you have any questions or thoughts you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email to a friend