Alder Gary Halverson
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Halverson’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of June 28, 2021
Parking Ordinance Changes
The Transportation Policy and Planning Board will be discussing parking ordinance changes at its meeting on Monday.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- The South Madison Planning team will have in-person conversations at It Takes a Village. Madison Public Library is hosting an in-person, outdoor resource fair at Penn Park on Tuesday, June 29 from 12pm-5pm. Local residents can get connected to community services in a fun, informal environment. The South Madison Planning team will be sharing information and asking for public feedback on the DRAFT Recommendations and Strategies for the area, and the DRAFT Focus Area Concepts.
- Movies with Madison Parks and more! Now that COVID Public Health restrictions have been lifted, the City of Madison Parks Division has created a series of community events that are free and accessible to the public. To learn more, check out City Parks Calendar.
- Upcoming, public-facing COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinics, as organized by Public Health Madison & Dane County:
First dose clinics currently planned for June 26 – July 2:
- Olbrich Park, as part of La Gran Marcha (June 28 from 9-10:30am): 3527 Atwood Avenue, Madison
- Pavilion in Mazomanie (June 28 from 3-7pm): 101 Brodhead Street, Mazomanie
- Penn Park (June 29 from 12-5pm): 2101 Fisher Street, Madison
- Middleton Outreach Ministry (June 30 and recurring every Wednesday from 10am-1pm): 3502 Parmenter Street, Middleton
Second dose clinics currently planned for June 26 – July 2 (Note that people who need a first dose can still come to a second dose clinic. Just keep in mind you will need to get your second dose elsewhere. Visit publichealthmdc.com/vax for additional options):
- Centro Hispano (June 27 from 4-6pm): 810 W. Badger Rd, Madison
- District One EMS (June 29 from 3-7pm): 316 W. Commercial Street, Mazomanie
- Sun Prairie Library (June 30 from 9am-5:30pm): 1350 Linnerud Drive, Sun Prairie
- Rookies Food and Spirits (July 1 from 4-7pm): 10267 US-14, Mazomanie
- Meadowridge Library (7/1 from 10:30am-6pm): 5726 Raymond Road, Madison
You can find details and see a map of all upcoming public clinics on the Public Health website. Public Health Madison & Dane County's COVID-19 Data Snapshot is released every Thursday. You can read their weekly blog post for a summary of the week's data.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- A new set of data (2020 Edition) has been added to the City of Madison's Neighborhood Indicators Project (NIP)--a tracking system with trend data going back to 2008. NIP was designed by the City of Madison in partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Applied Population Lab. Interested in learning more about NIP data and the NIP website? The City of Madison Planning Division offers free workshops to local organizations. Please contact Urvashi Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- On June 23, Madison Water Utility released its annual water quality report. Learn more and read the report in English or in Spanish.
- The City of Madison's recyclables collected by the Streets Division contain 12.8% trash. In other words, 12.8% of what is placed into our recycling carts should not be there and should instead go to the landfill. Read more Recycling Contamination Update and learn what you and your family can do to recycle more and recycle right.
- For the first time, the City of Madison Engineering Division will tend to bees this summer with new beehives near Nesbitt Road and Maple Grove Drive. Learn more here.
- If you missed the opportunity to attend the Public Information Session about Madison's Community Alternative Response Emergency Services (C.A.R.E.S.) initiative, the session was recorded for you to view at your leisure. Follow up questions or concerns may directed to Deputy Mayor Reuben Sanon at email@example.com.
Email to a friend