District 17 Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of July 26, 2021
City Employee Wage Increase Parity
The Committee on Employee Relations will be discussing a resolution to provide wage increase parity for general municipal employees at its meeting on Wednesday.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- The second event in Madison Public Library's "Live Well@Your Library" in-person wellness series will be a multicultural, multigenerational and multisensory experience outdoors at Meadowood Park (located near Meadowridge Library) on July 25. Children's activities will also be included so busy parents or caregivers can enjoy the event. Drop in or stay for the whole event! Learn more here.
- The new Carts in Parks program will support community-based organizations interested in organizing micro-vendor markets throughout the City of Madison in City Parks. Latino Chamber of Commerce (LCC) Plaza Community Markets are designed to create opportunities for underrepresented communities of color. Their first event will be on Sunday, July 25, at Penn Park from 10am – 3pm.
- Upcoming Movies in the Park
- "The Croods: A New Age" - Tuesday, July 27, 6:00pm at Worthington Park
- "Toy Story 4" - Thursday, July 29, 6:00pm at Owl Creek Park
- "Raiders of the Lost Ark" - Friday, July 30, 6:30pm at Vilas (Henry) Park
- "Scoob!" - Tuesday, August 3, 6:00pm at Meadowood Park
- "Captain Marvel " - Thursday, August 5, 6:00pm at Owl Creek Park
- "Tenet" - Friday, August 6, 6:30pm at Lake Edge Park
For more information visit: https://www.cityofmadison.com/parks/events/movies/
- LIFT Leopold at Aldo Leopold Park continues! Visit Aldo Leopold Park, 2906 Traceway Drive, on Tuesdays for the Leopold-Arbor Hills Neighborhood Resource Team's FREE family activities, July 27 through August 24. On July 27, Limanya African Dance and Drumming, light dinner, YMCA Flag Football drills and skills, Dream Bikes free bike repair, bike activities, and more. Find the schedule for all Tuesdays here.
- Upcoming, public-facing COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinics, as organized by Public Health Madison & Dane County:
- Saturday, July 24: First Congregational Church of Christ, 10 am-2 pm
- Sunday, July 25: Mt Zion Baptist Church, 11 am-1 pm
- Monday, July 26: Mercado Marimar, 11 am-1 pm
- Tuesday, July 27: Sun Prairie Library, 11 am-6 pm
- Tuesday, July 27: Luke House, 11 am-1 pm
- Wednesday, July 28: Catholic Multicultural Center, 5pm-7 pm
- Thursday, July 29: Catholic Multicultural Center, 5pm-7 pm
Vaccination appointments and walk-ins are also available at multiple public health clinic locations. You can find details and see a map of all upcoming public clinics on the Public Health website. Public Health Madison & Dane County's COVID-19 Data Snapshot is released every Thursday. You can read their weekly blog post for a summary of the week's data. For a weekly summary of talking points around COVID-19 in Dane County, please check out their hot topics document in their Google Drive.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- What you need to know about the Delta variant, from Public Health Madison & Dane County. Read more here.
- The City has launched a new webpage for the American Rescue Plan Act to provide information about the planned allocation of federal funds to support an equitable recovery and continue to provide government services. The City will host an information session to share information about the annual budget process and address funding allocations outlined in the plan. The session will take place on July 27, 4pm-5pm. The session will be recorded and posted to the webpage. To join the July 27 meeting, click here.
- There is still time to share your input about future Metro routes. For more information visit Transit Network Redesign
- Let's Talk About Streets. The City of Madison wants to know what you think about the streets you use to work, live and play in the City of Madison. Please visit the City of Madison's Let's Talk Streets website and take the Community Survey.
- A first time ever Music Economic Impact Analysis will be released during a special event at Café Coda on August 2 from 5pm – 7pm. The Arts Commission and Planning Division are proud to be part of the Greater Madison Music City project. Follow GMMC on Facebook and Instagram @ourgmmc
Save the Date
- Friends of Madison Public Library will host a warehouse clearance book sale on August 7. Learn more here.
Email to a friend