Alder Gary Halverson
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Halverson’s Updates
Events and Highlights for the Week of February 7, 2022
Greater East Towne Plan
The Plan Commission will be discussing adoption of the Greater East Towne Plan as a supplement to the Comprehensive Plan at its meeting on Monday at 5:30p.
Metro Redesign Plan Now Available
Metro's draft network redesign plan is now available for review. Community engagement meetings are now being put together and a survey will be available soon to provide feedback. Complete info can be found here.
Unsheltered Homelessness Response Panel
The City-County Homeless Issues Committee will host an unsheltered homelessness response panel with outreach providers at its meeting on Monday at 5:30p.
- Meeting DetailsMetro's draft network redesign plan is now available for review. Community engagement meetings are now being put together and a survey will be available soon to provide feedback. Complete info can be found here.Meeting Agenda
- Register for Public Comment
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
- The Streets Division's drop-off site located at 1501 W. Badger Rd will be closing on March 25, 2022 for a construction project. The site will remain closed until at least the spring of 2023. Read more here.
- Many vulnerable adults and families in Madison are getting by with no computer/internet, which means limited access to resources that could be helping lift them out of poverty. DANEnet's Digital Equity Project has been refurbishing donated laptops to distribute to low-income households identified through caseworkers and social workers at more than a dozen agencies around Dane County, and demand has been consistently outpacing their supply of donated laptops. You can help promote digital equity by donating working laptops to DANEnet's project. If a business has desktops to donate, DANEnet can accept them through Cascade Asset Management. More information can be found here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Neighborhood Grant Program FINAL call! The deadline to apply for the 2022 Neighborhood Grant Program is February 7, 2022, 4:30pm. If you were not able to meet with City staff prior to January 31 but feel that your project idea meets the program requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
Email to a friend