Alder Gary Halverson
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Halverson’s Updates
Metro Redesign Plan Meeting and other Meetings the Week of June 6
Metro Redesign Plan Meeting - 6pm
The Transportation Policy and Planning Board will meet virtually today, Monday, June 6, at 5pm. Items on their agenda include the Metro Network Redesign. Please note that the Metro Network Redesign item will be for Board deliberation and action only. No public comment will be taken. Item was adjourned after May 31 Public Hearing.
Reiner Neighborhood Development Plan Meetings Today
The City of Madison is restarting the process to prepare the Reiner Neighborhood Development Plan that was paused in 2020 to obtain additional information through a stormwater management study. The planning area covers approximately 1,500 acres generally bounded by Felland Road, the Wisconsin & Southern railroad, the Burke town line and Thorson Road. The plan will provide detailed recommendations regarding land uses, transportation and public utilities and services.
Two public meetings to introduce draft plan recommendations, one virtual and one in-person, are scheduled for:
Monday, June 6
12:00 pm – Virtual via Zoom Register Here
6:00 pm – In person
Town of Burke Municipal Building
5365 Reiner Road, Madison, WI
Each meeting will include a brief staff presentation on background information, project status at the time of the earlier pause to the process, and draft plan recommendations. Additionally, the meetings will provide an opportunity for residents and property owners to ask questions and provide input on draft plan recommendations.
Please visit the project website to register for the virtual meeting, sign up for email updates, and see the latest materials: www.cityofmadison.com/reinerndp
Other City Meetings This Week
- The Common Council will meet virtually at 6:30pm on Tuesday, June 7. Items on the agenda include the Metro Network Redesign.
- Board of Public Works will meet virtually at 4:30p on Wednesday June 8.
- For information about additional City meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting schedule.
· Volunteer opportunities for the 2022 Juneteenth Celebration are now open. More information and the sign-up sheet can be found here.
- Safety Saturday on the Square is coming on June 11, 8am-1pm! Join the Madison Fire Department, MGE, and other community partners for fun activities and information about fire safety, bike safety, car safety, water safety, and much more! Read more here.
- Kids summer programming at Madison Public Library kicks off on June 10. More details here.
- Vilas Park Drive will be closed June 13-June 17. Learn more by viewing the Vilas Park Drive Changes video.
- The deadline to submit your suggestions to name the trash and recycling compactors at our Sycamore Avenue drop-off site is June 7. Send your naming suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more here.
Save the Date
- Make Music Madison, an event about bringing our community together to celebrate the power of live music, happens on June 21. More details and event listings can be found here.
· The Kujichagulia Madison Center for Self-Determination's 33rd Annual Outdoor Celebration of Juneteenth Celebration will be held both virtually and in person Tuesday, June 14, through Saturday, June 19. This year's theme is "Black Resilience: Embracing Our Past to Define Our Future." Learn more here.
- Opera in the Park is coming to Garner Park, 333 S. Rosa Road, on July 23 at 8pm. Read more here.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a free community celebration on Saturday, July 23, from 6:30pm-9:45pm at its William T. Evjue Rooftop Gardens. The event will feature local and regional bands, dance performances, and conclude with a spectacular drone show over Lake Monona. More details here.
Email to a friend