Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
2018 Operating Budget & More
Dear Neighbors -
The 2018 Executive Operating Budget ($551.6 Million) was presented to Council on October 9 & 10th. The operating budget provides money for running City departments and services. It pays for the day-to-day spending on employees and materials and supplies. The major highlight of the budget includes funding to staff the Midtown Police station and a new Fire Station - #14, Olbrich Botanical Gardens. The budget also include reauthorizations and additional city staff.
Below is the budget schedule:
Tuesday, October 17 – Common Council Meeting / PUBLIC HEARING on 2018 Operating Budget
Monday, October 23 - Finance Committee: Vote on Executive 2018 Operating Budget
Monday, November 13, 2017 - Common Council Meeting - Capital & Operating
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 – Common Council Meeting - Capital & Operating
For more on the budget please visit the city budget page here.
Sycamore open for drop-off services:
Starting Tuesday, October 17, drop-off services return to the Streets Division location at 4602 Sycamore Ave. The temporary drop-off site at 4141 Nakoosa Trail permanently closed at 4:30pm on Monday, October 16.
The drop-off services at the Sycamore location are available from 8:30am to 4:30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and from 8:30am to 8:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The above stated hours apply to all of the Streets Division drop-off sites and they remain in effect until 4:30pm Sunday, December 3rd. Winter drop-off availability begins on Monday, December 4th.
For more information regarding drop-off services at 4602 Sycamore Ave, refer to the Recyclopedia, the Streets Division website, or call 608-246-4532 for the east side Streets Division office.
Historic Preservation Survey:
The City of Madison is conducting a two year process of evaluating and updating its historic preservation ordinance, identifying historic resources, and developing a Historic Preservation Plan that will guide City decisions and actions related to the preservation program. To share what is important to you and be part of history, the survey is located here; it takes about 15 minutes.
The Wisconsin Well Woman Program offers free Breast Cancer Screenings:
Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women. One in eight women in the United States will develop breast cancer at some point in their lives. Breast cancer rates for white women have generally stabilized in the past few years, but incidence rates among black women continue to rise. To enroll in the program calling 608-242-6392, once enrolled, exams are available at more than 35 clinics in Dane and Rock Counties. For more information: www.wellwomandanecounty.org
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum