Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
Recycling Fee Sticker Waiver Extended
Recycling Fee Sticker Waiver Extended to Friday, September 7
The recycling fee sticker waiver for residents impacted by flood damage has been extended to Friday, September 7.
Flood damaged items that require a recycling fee sticker will be collected from the curb without one. Residents can also deliver flood-damaged items that would require a sticker to the drop-off sites without obtaining one.
Recycling fee stickers will be required again for items that require one starting on Saturday, September 8. For a complete list of items that require a recycling fee sticker, please visit the Streets Division website.
Televisions that have been flood-damaged should still be delivered to the drop-off sites. Televisions contain hazardous material like lead and mercury. Placing televisions at the curb risks them being broken, and releasing their hazardous material into the storm drain system.
Computers & Electronics:
Computers, and other electronics, should also still be delivered to a drop-off site for recycling. Computers and other electronics can contain sensitive personal information. Placing these items at the curb risks someone other than city crews picking them up, and therefore potentially exposing residents to identity theft.
The Streets Division works with an electronics recycler that takes great care to destroy personal information on computers and other devices, meaning it is far safer for residents to bring computers and other electronics to a drop-off site or another reputable electronics recycler rather than placing them at the curb.
The Streets Division drop-off sites are located at 1501 W. Badger Rd and 4602 Sycamore Ave. The sites can only be used by City of Madison residents, and proof of residency is required to use the sites. The sites are open 8:30am to 4:30 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The sites are open 8:30am to 8:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please note that the drop-off sites will be closed on Monday, September 3 in observance of Labor Day.
For additional information about the drop-off sites, recycling fees, and other Streets Division services, visit the Streets Division website.
For additional information regarding flood conditions in Madison, visit www.cityofmadison.com/flooding.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum