Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
OOO and District Updates
Join the city as they Plan for the Future of Public Transit in Madison!
The City of Madison is holding a kickoff meeting for the Madison East-West Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor Study to explore bus rapid transit (BRT) in Madison, and they need your help to make it a success. BRT uses dedicated lanes where feasible, modern stations, and other enhancements to provide fast and cost-effective service to jobs, entertainment, and schools. Madison's BRT will complement existing Metro routes and be our city's next big step toward a more sustainable local transit system. Share your perspective as we discuss community goals, concerns and priorities related to the future east-west BRT and public transportation in Madison.
The Madison East-West BRT Planning Study will affect the future of public transit in Madison. It is important that the city hear from YOU to ensure that the plan reflects broad community needs and priorities. We hope you can join us!
What: Madison East-West BRT Planning Study – Public Kickoff Open House
When: Wednesday, December 12, 6:00-8:00 PM (presentation at 6:30)
Where: Madison Central Library, Room 302
Everyone is welcome at this community event – including kids!Event Page https://madisonbrt1.eventbrite.com – RSVPs appreciated, but not required
Stark Weather Creek - Construction project near Sycamore Ave and WI Southern Railroad
The City of Madison will be doing a construction project at Sycamore Avenue and the Wisconsin & Southern Railroad. The project will construct a crossing over the tributary to the East Branch of Stark Weather Creek just north of the intersection of Sycamore Avenue and the Wisconsin & Southern Railroad. This crossing will allow for maintenance of the sanitary sewer main pipe that runs parallel to the East Branch of Stark Weather Creek. The project has been awarded to Speedway Sand and Gravel and is slated to begin on November 26, 2018. It will be complete by December 14, 2018. There may be increased truck traffic on Sycamore Avenue during this time, but Sycamore Avenue will not be closed at any point during the construction period.
Leaf Collection Ending for 2018
Curbside leaf and yard waste collection for the fall of 2018 is ending. The final guaranteed collection opportunity is ongoing. While the Streets Division will try to provide at least one more curbside leaf collection this season for all residents of Madison, winter weather may prevent that from happening.
Residents with yard waste should instead bring the material to 4602 Sycamore Ave drop-off sites. At present, the drop-off site is open 8:30am to 4:30pm seven days a week and until 8:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
To learn if you should put yard waste to the curb for the final guaranteed collection opportunity, go to www.cityofmadison.com/yardwaste and click on the blue "Pickup Schedule" button.
Out of Office
I will be out of the office for three weeks. My access to email will be very limited. Alder David Ahrens who is one of my immediate alder neighbor has agreed to be my alder backup on issues that may need my immediate attention. Please reach out to him @ email@example.com or to the Council Chief of Staff, Kwasi Obeng @ firstname.lastname@example.org for matters/issues that cannot wait.
Happy thanks giving and holidays.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum