Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
Snow Emergency Remains In Effect - 1/23 - 1/24
A snow emergency remains in effect this evening, January 23 into the morning of January 24.
City Streets Division crews along with heavy equipment contractors will be working through the day to plow all city roadways. Citywide plowing operations began in the early morning hours and will last through the night. Plowing operations will take 14 to 16 hours until all city streets have received their initial plowing.
Streets Division crews will also continue to both plow and salt the designated salt routes as the snow continues to fall throughout the day. Crews will remain on the salt routes until conditions allow for these vehicles to rotate into the residential areas to assist with the citywide plowing effort.
Plowing operations will last through the day and night, including the second night of snow emergency plowing where crews will work to clear the areas blocked by parked cars the previous evening.
All those who must be on the roads today should exercise great caution. The roads will be snow covered and slippery throughout the entire city for much of the day, including designated salt routes. With cold temperatures, the salt spread on the salt routes will work more slowly. Plus, with it actively snowing any work performed by plows this morning will be covered over again.
If you choose to use the roads today, be sure to be cautious, patient, and alert. And also be slow. You must allow for extra stopping distance and extra travel time in order to arrive at your destinations safely. As always with challenging winter weather, make good choices if you need to make your way through the city today.
Also, since citywide plowing operations will be occurring during the day, individuals may encounter plowing equipment doing their work. Remember to allow plow drivers plenty of place for them to do their work. Plow vehicles are not as nimble as passenger vehicles, so do not tailgate them or cut them off
Thank you to all our streets staff.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum