Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
SNOW EMERGENCY CONTINUES
A snow emergency remains in effect for the entire City of Madison until 7 a.m. Friday, January 25.
Alternate side parking restrictions are in effect again tonight for the entire city of Madison, including the Snow Emergency Zone.
The Streets Division asks that people choose off-street parking options for their vehicles again this evening, especially those within the Snow Emergency Zone. If an off-street parking option is not available, you must abide by alternate side parking rules.
Streets Division crews will be working throughout the night to plow areas that had been blocked by parked cars during the daytime plowing operations.
Parking on the Street Tonight (Thursday, January 24 into the early morning of Friday, January 25)
Vehicles parked on the street tonight (the evening on January 24 into the early morning of January 25) should be on the ODD house-numbered side of the street between the hours of 1 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Violations of the alternate side parking rules are punishable by a fine of $60 throughout the entire City of Madison. Violators of alternate side parking rules may also be towed. If a vehicle is towed, an additional towing fee will be added to the parking ticket.
Other Parking Information
Residents are reminded that all daytime parking restrictions will be enforced. That includes restrictions that ban parking on selected blocks in the downtown area and on the near east and near west sides. Parkers should pay attention to all parking signs.
Parking will be available in the cashiered sections of city-owned ramps in the downtown area. During a declared snow emergency you can park for no charge at the City ramps from 9 p.m. until 7 a.m. If you enter before 9 p.m. or leave after 7 a.m. you are liable for any parking charges before 9 p.m. and from 7 a.m. until the time you leave.
When parking in the ramps overnight, do not park on the top level so this area can be plowed. Be aware that vehicles stored in city ramps longer than 48 hours are subject to being ticketed and towed. Meters in lots and ramps are enforced 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Parking is also available at the Brittingham Park Shelter parking lot off of W. Washington Ave.
Additional information about winter plowing and parking can be found on the City of Madison winter website, www.cityofmadison.com/winter. Parking information can also be heard by calling the winter parking hotline at 608-261-9111.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum