Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
Snow Emergency Declared
The City of Madison has declared a snow emergency. This means alternate side parking restrictions will be in effect tonight for the Snow Emergency Zone as well as the rest of the City of Madison. The snow emergency will remain in effect until at least 7 a.m. on January 29.
Updates on services and conditions in the City will be posted on the City of Madison website at www.cityofmadison.com. Please use this site before venturing out to a city office as well. Staffing may be at a minimum Monday morning and there is a chance that some offices may be closed.
No trash and recycling on Monday
- Trash & recycling drivers will be reassigned to snow plowing duties
- Residents should try to hold the material until there next scheduled day.
- If they cannot wait, place their carts to the curb by 7 a.m. on Thursday
- Streets will collect carts on either Thursday or Friday of this week for people who had their collections delayed.
Streets Division drop-off sites closed all week due to extreme cold temperatures & activities related to the snowstorm response
- Sites will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on February 4
- Drop-off site personnel will be used to help with plowing
- Drop-off sites are the same facilities where Streets stores sand and salt to use during winter events. With material deliveries and many plow trucks entering and exiting the site, it is best for public safety to avoid using the drop-off sites
Large item collection suspended next week
- Hold material until next scheduled pick up day
- If material is already out, make sure it does not get obstructed by snow or frozen to the curb so it can be collected
Christmas tree collection suspended until next week
- Get trees out by 7am on February 4 – weather allowing
- Make sure trees are accessible so they can pick them up
Snow emergency declared
- Residents MUST park on the even side of the street tonight if they cannot find off-street parking options
- Please find off street parking
- Violators may be ticketed and towed
- Snow emergency ticket is $60
- Additional tow fee added if vehicle is towed
Thank you to our city staff particularly Streets.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum