Alder Samba Baldeh
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Baldeh’s Blog
Snow Emergency, Removal and Alternate Street Parking
This message was sent by the city Streets Division and though not everyone is signed up for winter weather updates through the City of Madison winter website (www.cityofmadison.com/winter).
The city of Madison has declared a snow emergency. The snow emergency will remain in effect until 7am on 12/31/15.
The Streets Division had 32 crews that continually serviced the salt routes overnight. Starting at 5am today, we will begin plowing residential streets. We have called in our contractors, and our combined snow plow force will be approximately 170 pieces of equipment. Due to the depth and density of this snow, we expect it will take 12 hours to clear all residential streets curb-to-curb.
The main streets remain in good winter driving condition, but slippery spots persist. Caution and patience are recommended. While residential streets are being cleared, temporary windrows may impede access to side streets. As always, make good choices by planning for extra travel time, allowing extra braking distance, and following all other safe winter driving techniques.
With the declared snow emergency, residents in the Snow Emergency Zone must abide by alternate side parking rules, as should the rest of the city of Madison. Alternate side parking restrictions for the Snow Emergency Zone will be in effect on 12/30 from 1am to 7am, and again on 12/31 from 1am to 7am.
Vehicles parked on the street this evening should park on the even house numbered side of the street. Vehicles parked on the street Wednesday evening should park on the odd house numbered side of the street. Violations of the alternate side parking rules are punishable by a fine of $60 throughout the entire City of Madison. Violators could also be towed. Be aware that all daytime parking restrictions will be enforced.
You can get complete snow emergency information at www.cityofmadison.com/winter or by calling 261-9111. Also feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns.
Here is a press release on Salt use and Clearing leaves by the Committee on the Environment: https://www.cityofmadison.com/news/now-is-the-time-to-help-our-lakes-with-two-simple-steps
In the mean time district 17 Winter 2015–2016 Bulletin will soon be sent to you via mail.
Stay warm and safe.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the District 17 – Alder Baldeh email list:
- 2018 Operating Budget & More
- 2019 Capital Budget Amendments and More
- 2020 Budget
- Common Council Adopted 2020 Budget
- Community Input Sought on Municipal ...
- Districts Vacancies & City County Ro...
- Gun violence in the city
- Coronavirus Disease & Travel Suspension
- Public Health Issues Order Closing S...
- Updates from the city
- D17 Updates on Voter Registration, C...
- District 17 and COVID-19 Updates
- District 17 Updates on PFAS, F35s, M...
- District Updates
- District Updates & Neighborhood Meet...
- Final Round of Christmas Tree Collec...
- March District17 Updates
- Memorial Day
- Memorial Day
- OOO and District Updates
- Q&A & Presentation Slides: 6/27/19 M...
- Sycamore Ave. Drop-off Site Closed. ...
- The future of East Towne, Food Pantr...
- Updates on Absentee Voting and More
- Wild Rumpus & Renaming of the City-C...
- City of Madison Flood Safety Update
- Flash Flooding Risks
- Flood Updates as of Monday Morning 8/27
- New Flood Maps
- Request Sandbag Help from Volunteers...
- Imagine Reindahl - Planning Update O...
- Library/Imagination Center & Distric...
- Opinion on Cap Times - Reindahl Imag...
- Frequently Asked Questions about PFAS
- Latest PFAS Testing Results - Well 15
- Well 15 Temporarily Shut Down
- District 17 Update on Community Foru...
- District 17 Updates
- District 17 Updates
- Elections Updates and More
- Elections Volunteer and Paid Opportu...
- Inadvertent Special Assessment Notic...
- Post Election and Budget
- Shooting at the East Town Mall Area
- The North Side Chiefs Forum